[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

Hi, sorry if I ask something already asked before. I've been playing with it for 2 days but still confuse about an issue.

When created a social forum, I've make sure to check the two option below but still every user can create, see and reply to a thread in the forum. Further more I can't find a place the add moderator to the social forum in the front end. I can't any place for a user to request to join the forum neither.
socialgroup_q1.webp

I have try check this option in the back end but it seems to not effect anything
socialgroup_q2.webp

Anyway, I think this is a very good addon.

Hello,
Can you update the plugin to allow us to move posts from regular foru mto social forum and back. I have about 20 gangs that we are migrating to social forums with in the community and we need to move posts.
Thank You

i agree it would be great if we can move posts from normal forum to social groups

Hi. I've recently uploaded this add-on and have been testing it out on my site. Something I've noticed is that if a member requests to join a group and the creator makes that user a member of the group, the member doesn't get an alert to notify them that their request was accepted.
Is there some way for members to be notified that their request has been accepted?

I have noticed the same thing.

Hello,
I am having issues with the social forum. A deleted old social forum still shows up in members social forums tab in their profile. IT shows they are still members of the forum even though its gone. I can not re add the forum and remove the member for them. An ideas?
yGwiqnt.png

3sznkTH.png

The old forums that are long gone still show up... This is really bad and not very good for my forum....

U86kpna.png

PLEASE, I need a fix for this

Last edited:
Hello,

Does anyone know how can I exclude all social forums from "similar threads" add-on search? I cannot find how to do that.

Is it even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Did the resource get renamed?

Anyway I came here with another problem.
Screenshot_at_12-42-50.webp
I'm not sure why it's happening. It seems that it's triggered on missing attachment. I've looked through the code but couldn't really figure it out.
I'm using the latest version of this add-on and XF 1.5.2.

I have a social group that is private and and only visible to members through permissions set on that node. I wish to have the members of that social group be able to see the new posts in that forum/social group come up when they run "new posts" for everything. Is there anyway to get that to work?

I'm getting an error when trying to install the add-on
Developer: default_value is not a valid array (waindigo_socialGroups_notifyOptions)

Can something be done about this add on seemingly not respecting 'Never' in XenForo permissions? Seems like a pretty glaring bug or oversight

Nothing I've tried has worked to prevent banned users from posting in Social Groups they're members of

@Jon W @ThemeHouse

Last edited:
This plugin isn't working on XF 1.5.5. I get the following error when trying to install:

Developer: default_value is not a valid array (waindigo_socialGroups_notifyOptions)

so after a little bit of testing, the only problem i'm having so far is that the avatar system seems to be broken:
  • if you upload an image over 200x200 pixels, the image is rejected with no error message displayed.
  • even if the image is uploaded successfully, clicking on the 'okay' button does nothing (okay button also doesn't do anything when the image is rejected)
  • if image is uploaded successfully, old image remains in the preview area. you have to refresh the page and click 'edit avatar' again to see the new image.
the image not refreshing combined with the okay button being broken makes this feature quite confusing for users.

If you disable this plugin it makes any nodes associated with it unusable, with the following error when clicking on it in the node tree in admincp:

Code:
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. - library/XenForo/Autoloader.php:108
Generated By: Matt Derrick, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('XFCP_ThemeHouse...')
#1 /home/***/public_html/community/library/ThemeHouse/SocialGroups/ControllerAdmin/SocialCategory.php(8): spl_autoload_call('XFCP_ThemeHouse...')
#2 /home/***/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php(119): include('/home/locationi...')
#3 /home/***/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Application.php(1050): XenForo_Autoloader->autoload('ThemeHouse_Soci...')
#4 /home/***/public_html/community/library/XenForo/Application.php(465): XenForo_Application::autoload('ThemeHouse_Soci...')
#5 /home/***/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(458): XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass('ThemeHouse_Soci...', 'controller')
#6 /home/***/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(343): XenForo_FrontController->_getValidatedController('ThemeHouse_Soci...', 'Edit', Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/***/public_html/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/***/public_html/community/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(73) "http://***.com/community/admin.php?nodes/li-groups-beta.78/edit"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["nodes/li-groups-beta_78/edit"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom