[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

Thanks for responding. So this plugin does not cause issues with the latest xenforo?

I cannot say if it will work on your forum as I had everything configured prior to the 1.4.5/1.4.6 so only updated the files. I can still create, manage and use the private forums without issue though so it should be fine.

You could install a password protected install for you/staff and bug test it on that with a cloned version of your website (Brogan has a guide in the resources part I believe) which will tell you if it works or not without breaking your main website.

Would it be possible in a future update to add some type of stats or analytics for social group owners to see various stats about their group? Or have it as an addon for Social Groups System? Similar to how facebook has stats on pages?

Hey, I'm having permission issue with Social Groups ver. 1.2.0 (XF ver 1.4.3). For some reason logged out users are able to see the threads that shouldn't be visible. They can see the content of the thread. When you log in the threads are no longer accessible. What could be the issue?

I don't think so, but even if that were the case, it's a very robust and stable add-on.

I just had two pages of errors in admincp that pointed to this add-on, so I'm not sure. I'm running the latest version of xenforo. Will see whether this repeats and post the errors here if it does.

That can be frustrating, for sure. I've been using the add-on with no problems for over a year, so I'm inclined to suspect there is a fluke or add-on incompatibility. For what it's worth, I know some of Waindigo's add-ons have been incompatible with others.

That can be frustrating, for sure. I've been using the add-on with no problems for over a year, so I'm inclined to suspect there is a fluke or add-on incompatibility. For what it's worth, I know some of Waindigo's add-ons have been incompatible with others.

Yeah, here's the error(s) I'm getting:

ErrorException: Undefined index: node_type_id - library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/Forum.php:18
Generated By: <user> Today at 1:56 AM

Which page are you viewing when you get that error?

Does his help?

#0 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/Forum.php(18): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/poetryci/...', 18, Array)
#1 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/Model/Forum.php(482): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Extend_XenForo_Model_Forum->canUploadAndManageAttachment(Array, NULL, NULL, NULL)
#2 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/Model/Featured.php(285): XenForo_Model_Forum->getAttachmentParams(Array, Array)
#3 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/CTA/FeaturedThreads/ControllerPublic/Thread.php(575): CTA_FeaturedThreads_Model_Featured->getFirstAttachedImage(Array)
#4 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): CTA_FeaturedThreads_ControllerPublic_Thread->actionFeatureThread()
#5 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/poetryci/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(69) "http://poetrycircle.com/forum/threads/tony-again.46780/feature-thread"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

It looks like there is an incompatibility with CTA Featured Threads. When Featured Threads passes the array of forum information to Social Groups, it's not including the node_type_id field, which Social Groups needs in order to give a response about whether the user has attachment permissions. I suspect the problem would have to be fixed in Featured Threads, which is omitting some of the node data that certain add-ons such as Social Groups would require.

Here's a patch that should avoid the error in the meantime.

• Open /library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/Forum.php.
  • Find in line 18...
    Code:
    $forum['node_type_id']
  • Replace with...
    Code:
    isset($forum['node_type_id']) && $forum['node_type_id']
  • Save the changes.
This may cause another error to appear somewhere else but should otherwise patch it until a better resolution is made.

It looks like there is an incompatibility with CTA Featured Threads. When Featured Threads passes the array of forum information to Social Groups, it's not including the node_type_id field, which Social Groups needs in order to give a response about whether the user has attachment permissions. I suspect the problem would have to be fixed in Featured Threads, which is omitting some of the node data that certain add-ons such as Social Groups would require.

Here's a patch that should avoid the error in the meantime.

• Open /library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/Forum.php.
  • Find in line 18...
    Code:
    $forum['node_type_id']
  • Replace with...
    Code:
    isset($forum['node_type_id']) && $forum['node_type_id']
  • Save the changes.
This may cause another error to appear somewhere else but should otherwise patch it until a better resolution is made.

Thanks. I'll see whether Brogan can provide any input on this.

As I responded to you in the conversation, I only grab the specific fields I need for my add-on.
I can't cater for other existing or future add-ons and account for additional fields they may need.

In this instance I can look at including the node_type_id in my queries, although it's not used in my add-on so is the very definition of bloat.

I seem to have a bug, when I create two social forum categories then create more than one group, one in each category, the second group I create seems to be invisable aka doesn't show up in the category list. It does create it just isn't visable. I've checked to make sure the node is active but no luck, any idea what I'm missing or may of gone wrong in settings or other? Running Xenforo 1.4.7 and Social Groups 1.2.1 .. Any Suggestions?

I like the plugin. Problem is, members can not request to join a group. lso I want to be able to make the sections hidden from non social group members. IS there a way to do that, where a member who is not a member of the social group, can not see what is being said unless invited into the group?

Just found a problem. Users can not see the secret/closed social forum areas. But, if they know the link or they click on the top 5 recent posts on the top of the main forum, they can still read the information regardless of being a member.

Update: No matter what settings I pick, I can not enable users to join a open social group

Last edited:
Top Bottom