[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I am getting white screen when I try to access nodes via ACP. When I disable Social Groups via ACP->Home the nodes can be accessed without issue
I am unable to replicate this. Please go to Admin CP -> Tools -> Server Error Logs and post here any errors that you see that relate to the times that you received the above errors. Also, please make sure you have the latest version.

How does this work with the Resource Manager?
If you select a Social Forum as the forum in which you wish to create a thread (in Resource Category editor), it will create a social forum and put the thread in that social forum.

How to delete this addon?
http://xenforo.com/help/add-ons/

Working around a problem with a solution like that results in a problem that is never fixed. What is more useful is providing actual error messages or sending me a PM to give me access to your server to help with the uninstall. If @Andy.N had done this, then @masterchief probably wouldn't be having this problem now.

You have both obviously decided that this add-on is not for you, which is fine -- but at least you were able to decide that without having to pay upfront for the add-on. Wouldn't it be nice to give just a little something back?

I have 67 addons installed and working just fine... yours does not like to play well with all of them. I know when I upgrade XF to v1.2 all kinds of problems gonna take place. I will wait until after everything has worked itself out, then decide if I want to come back and try this again.

I have 67 addons installed and working just fine... yours does not like to play well with all of them. I know when I upgrade XF to v1.2 all kinds of problems gonna take place. I will wait until after everything has worked itself out, then decide if I want to come back and try this again.
But would you like some help uninstalling it so that the problem can be fixed so that the same problem doesn't affect other people?

took me less than 5min to uninstall, already completed.. thanx for offer
Could you provide me with a list of the 67 add-ons so that I can try and replicate the issue? Guess I will have to do it by myself.
Now fixed (hopefully). See below.

Last edited:
Installed latest release...

Nodes as Tabs addon and Social Groups addon do not work well with each other.

I go into ACP->Display Node Tree and try to edit any of my pages, I am getting following error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class XFCP_NodesAsTabs_ControllerAdmin_AllNodes in /XXXXX/XXXXXXX/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(410) : eval()'d code on line 1

If I deactivate Nodes as Tabs addon the error goes away and I can edit pages to my hearts content.

@masterchief I'm unable to reproduce. This seems to be an example of where two add-ons don't work well together, but probably it is a third completely unrelated add-on that is causing the conflict. I will need to investigate further. Are you able to send me the list (i.e., a screenshot of your ACP, by PM if you like) of all the add-ons that you have installed?

@masterchief I'm unable to reproduce. This seems to be an example of where two add-ons don't work well together, but probably it is a third completely unrelated add-on that is causing the conflict. I will need to investigate further. Are you able to send me the list (i.e., a screenshot of your ACP, by PM if you like) of all the add-ons that you have installed?

I will send to you... three pages of addons

Please replace library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Node.php with the attached file. Let me know if this fixes it.

I eventually managed to replicate it. It seems the error only appears if you installed Nodes As Tabs BEFORE Social Groups by Waindigo. It is due to the way @Jake Bunce extended several controllers with a single file in Nodes As Tabs (which is probably not best practice, but then the alternatives are not particularly elegant either) and Social Groups by Waindigo wanted to access multiple controllers, which caused a conflict if done in the wrong order. I have added a workaround so that this add-on no longer tries to access multiple controllers.

Ironically, the line of code that caused the error was put there to enable support for Nodes as Tabs to Social Categories, and ended up removing support for Forums, Pages and Categories. Oops!

Thanks for your help.

Edit: just realised, it would have still caused an error on editing forums even if the same file wasn't used to extend different controllers.

Attachments

Please replace library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Node.php with the attached file. Let me know if this fixes it.

I eventually managed to replicate it. It seems the error only appears if you installed Nodes As Tabs BEFORE Social Groups by Waindigo. It is due to the way @Jake Bunce extended several controllers with a single file in Nodes As Tabs (which is probably not best practice, but then the alternatives are not particularly elegant either) and Social Groups by Waindigo wanted to access multiple controllers, which caused a conflict if done in the wrong order. I have added a workaround so that this add-on no longer tries to access multiple controllers.

Ironically, the line of code that caused the error was put there to enable support for Nodes as Tabs to Social Categories, and ended up removing support for Forums, Pages and Categories. Oops!

Thanks for your help.

Edit: just realised, it would have still caused an error on editing forums even if the same file wasn't used to extend different controllers.

I will change that in my 1.2 update.

When a social group has many members and the group owner has become inactive then it becomes important to identify the top ranking(usergroup) and most active members in the group. If a group has hundreds of members then this is a problem.
Unless it would possible to sort the members page by group posts and rank.
Another solution would be a group leaderboard.

Another suggestion:
- Group calendar for events

Top Bottom