[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

I was still getting the errors with xenAtendo 1.4.8...this is why I upgraded to 1.4.9 in the hope that it would fix it

I was still getting the errors with xenAtendo 1.4.8...this is why I upgraded to 1.4.9 in the hope that it would fix it
If only it was that simple. I think I made this add-on work with 1.4.7. I doubt that it even crossed Jaxel's mind to write his code consistently from one version to the next in case another add-on extends it. He really only codes for his site. Don't get me wrong, I like that he releases his add-ons publicly, but other developers like Jake Bunce or Chris Deeming actively work with other developers to ensure compatibility.

I will see if I can fix this for the next version, but ultimately I will probably just have to release my own calendar add-on and stop supporting XenAtendo.

Sorry for the late reply, this thread somehow dipped under my radar. The importer is in the same place as normal. Tools > Import External Data > select 'Social Groups for XenForo 1.3.5'. I suppose it is quite confusing because it is probably "internal data" not "external data.
Just a heads up the importer doesn't work with the latest version of the other groups addon.

The creator changed the database structure. You look for .xf_cz_group which is now xfa_group. I did manually edit the importer file and made the 8 changes myself. Just figured I would let you know.

Just a heads up the importer doesn't work with the latest version of the other groups addon.

The creator changed the database structure. You look for .xf_cz_group which is now xfa_group.
Thanks. I probably won't be updating this unless someone asks specifically (i.e., pays for it ;)) as it does say that it only imports from a specific version and generally I don't include importers from other people's add-ons anyway (but someone asked for this specifically). If you really need to, you could probably just search the PHP importer file for xf_cz and replace it with xfa unless he has changed anything else important.

Thanks. I probably won't be updating this unless someone asks specifically (i.e., pays for it ;)) as it does say that it only imports from a specific version and generally I don't include importers from other people's add-ons anyway (but someone asked for this specifically). If you really need to, you could probably just search the PHP importer file for xf_cz and replace it with xfa unless he has changed anything else important.
You quoted me just before my edit haha!

I did do that, and go on. it's 8 lines and it's up to date for others!

Yeah. it works. I remember him updating it to remove the xf_cz from the addon as he "re-branded" hit or something. That's not a literal quote.

• Some actions were moved from cz-groups to xfa-groups-home to de-clutter the main controller from too many actions
  • Controllers were renamed. They are no longer cz-groups, they were renamed to xfa-groups

And I guess he just updated all the database stuff too.

Yeah. it works. I remember him updating it to remove the xf_cz from the addon as he "re-branded" hit or something. That's not a literal quote.

And I guess he just updated all the database stuff too.
What version did that update happen? 1.5?

Ahhh okay. I'll hack and slash that out of the existing groups then! Thanks!
Nope, it's not that. I had already thought of that. Let me know how you hack and slash it. I'm guessing it is the xf_social_forum_member table that is full of a load of entries with user_id = 0? So...
Code:
DELETE FROM xf_social_forum_member WHERE user_id = 0
should do it.

Nope, it's not that. I had already thought of that. Let me know how you hack and slash it. I'm guessing it is the xf_social_forum_member table that is full of a load of entries with user_id = 0? So...
Code:
DELETE FROM xf_social_forum_member WHERE user_id = 0
should do it.
That was actually the exact same thing I was trying. and I can confirm that it worked.

Hello,

I'm having this error when searching the forums:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_Forum::Tinhte_XenTag_getForumsByIds() in /home/-------/public_html/library/Tinhte/XenTag/Search/DataHandler/Forum.php on line 68

Top Bottom