[TH] Smilie Importer [Deleted]

How about the additional default smiles that come with Xenforo - any simple solution to add them in. Seems only 12 are available as default.

Hope this is the correct forum. I do not understand the instructions given for this add-on. I am using FZ to upload this addon. Directions tell me to upload the "upload file" to the root directory - but where in the root? After I unzipped the addon and this is where I put the upload file:

smileyuplaod1.webp

Next it tells me to "Install addon-Waindigo_SmilieUploader.xml file" but I don't know how to do that or where to do it, and I see nowhere in the discussion tab of the addon nor any further details. Any help much appreciated.

That is not at all what the instructions say.

Read them again:

Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.

It tells you to upload the contents (i.e. what is inside) of the upload folder to your root directory.

So you're nearly there :)

And when you've done that, in the Admin CP you can go to the Install Add-On page. It's on the home page of your Admin CP.

So that is the correct place, where the folder is? And all I need to do is upload the contents instead of the folder?

Ok great thank you, please bear with me. I did it and it looks right to me . . .

smileyuplaod2.webp

But when I go to the Install Add-on, what file do I grab and from where? Thank you for your fast reply and help on this.

I read the readme and that told me everything I needed to know. Forgot about that readme file that's handy. However, when I try to upload the file xf keeps gicing me this error message:

mikescreen2.webp

@LuvMeSumZen, Resource and Add-on Discussions is not for add-on support, support should be contained within the appropriate add-on thread. I have merged your thread with the appropriate resource.

Looking at your image, you've uploaded the folder called "upload" rather than its contents. This won't work. You need to upload what is inside that folder (which should match some of the folders you already have -- e.g., install, library, etc.).

I deleted them (that was scary though lol). I am not sure how to upoad the actual contents though. Do I open each folder and move individual files? I know this is beyond what help you should be giving me for what that's worth.

There are a lot of folders and many files in each one. Am I suppose to drag and drop each group of files from each folder?

Drag the library and install folder inside the upload folder on your computer to an empty place on the right (where your forum files are, in this case public_html). If asked, make sure to select merge folders. Wait until the transfer has finished and then install the add-on using the .xml file in Admin CP.
Скриншот 2013-11-03 11.42.57.webp

Top Bottom