[TH] Reactions Plus [Deleted]

They have it switched off by default
I'm almost 100% sure I never had to manually turn it on, before or since upgrading to 2.1, and it was definitely working before installing Reactions Plus, so I can only assume that it's something to do with switching back and forth between Reactions Plus and the default Reactions, which I did a couple times yesterday. Also noticed that the max. width of XF reactions were stripped out again when I disabled Reactions, so that the default XF Reactions were once again as giant as I reported yesterday a page or two back - but that's another matter. ;)

Thanks again.

Definitely shouldn't be limited to one at a time, I think that may have accidentally been left in from testing. Edit src/addons/ThemeHouse/ReactPlus/Import/Importer/DarkPostRatings.php and on line 131 replace $limit = 1 with $limit = 50.

Can I set it even higher? Maybe 500 or 1000.
Also, what's retain content ID's? I can't select it anyway but the description makes it sound like something I need.

What specifically didn't work correctly?

Can I set it even higher? Maybe 500 or 1000.

You can definitely try, if it fails you can just lower it and resume the import - it should keep track of where it failed :)

Also, what's retain content ID's? I can't select it anyway but the description makes it sound like something I need.

This isn't relevant on this importer, we've disabled the ability to do this but XenForo has chosen to show the option regardless while just disabling it - safe to ignore

If this is still happening after this import could you create a ticket so we can have a look?

If this is still happening after this import could you create a ticket so we can have a look?

Will do. Seems to be working this time, import is at 88% and I see imported ratings on posts already.
If you decide to add a Reactions given feature to this addon, will it work okay even if I import now when that feature isn't available?

If you decide to add a Reactions given feature to this addon, will it work okay even if I import now when that feature isn't available?

Yep! All of the data for that feature exists already, it's just a matter of creating the widget :)

can you hide who views who reacts? For example, only moderators can see which person reacted, but the reaction number will still be there

Had the same issue with importing the old Reactions as the guy on the first page. The Reactions were not properly sized. Perhaps add an option to import with max width and height?

Same goes with sizing all Reactions in general. Perhaps it would be useful to have an option to resize all reactions at the same time. I don't know any forums that would want different sized Reactions anyway. I had to manually resize 30 Reactions to be the same size. Not ideal.

Personally I really really loved the way the old Reactions handles the counts of Reactions given inside a post. Meaning that if four people voted 'like' on a post it would directly be displayed that the 'like' vote was given by 4 members. Now with Xenforo you'll have to click on the vote details to see the amount given. Really hope you guys would bring that back.

I'd suggest improving the design of the "loading reactions" popup as this seems kinda... well, ugly :D A bit of padding here, a bit of margin there...

Also I have disabled the imported "informative" reaction, however it is still shown in the forum view summary:

Last edited:
can you hide who views who reacts? For example, only moderators can see which person reacted, but the reaction number will still be there

That isn’t possible currently, but we can look into it

Had the same issue with importing the old Reactions as the guy on the first page. The Reactions were not properly sized. Perhaps add an option to import with max width and height?

We have a setting for the width and height of a reaction image, so you don’t have to manually resize the image and can still use 2x images. I’ve already reported exactly this as a bug, but xenforo says it’s intentional, which was why we created this option. We do try to import this width and height from our reactions addon, but there are situations where this isn’t possible

I'd suggest improving the design of the "loading reactions" popup as this seems kinda... well, ugly :D A bit of padding here, a bit of margin there...

View attachment 196826

This is just a default tooltip so it should have the padding by default, will have a look

Also I have disabled the imported "informative" reaction, however it is still shown in the forum view summary:

View attachment 196827

I’ll have a look!

This one actually appears to be a bug with XenForo, so I've reported it here: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/disabled-reactions-show-on-thread-list.161720/

We're not actually doing anything with this summary area, so realistically there isn't a whole lot we can do here

Personally I really really loved the way the old Reactions handles the counts of Reactions given inside a post. Meaning that if four people voted 'like' on a post it would directly be displayed that the 'like' vote was given by 4 members. Now with Xenforo you'll have to click on the vote details to see the amount given. Really hope you guys would bring that back.

Missed this part of your post, this is already possible in Style Properties -> [TH] Reactions Plus

Top Bottom