[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

This weekend I did a new Xenforo installation, imported my old vBulletin threads and bought this add-on right after the installation. Love the add-on, but I have 2 questions.

1. After I ran the query that's suggested in the updates to change all threads in a node to q&a-threads, I noticed I'm unable to change a single thread back to a normal thread. I try to remove the question status, but nothing happens. The other way around does work: changing a single thread in another node to a q&a thread. Afterwards, I can change it back to a normal thread, but this only works for nodes where I didn't ran the query on.
  2. Voting up or down a single post in a thread takes around 8 seconds to perform. Is this normal?

This weekend I did a new Xenforo installation, imported my old vBulletin threads and bought this add-on right after the installation. Love the add-on, but I have 2 questions.

1. After I ran the query that's suggested in the updates to change all threads in a node to q&a-threads, I noticed I'm unable to change a single thread back to a normal thread. I try to remove the question status, but nothing happens. The other way around does work: changing a single thread in another node to a q&a thread. Afterwards, I can change it back to a normal thread, but this only works for nodes where I didn't ran the query on.
  2. Voting up or down a single post in a thread takes around 8 seconds to perform. Is this normal?
Hello, so glad to hear that you are enjoying our Q&A Forums add-on. Too better assist you with these questions, go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal.

I have the issue that when a question is made, sometimes the replies disapear using the latest release on XF 2.0.11.

Has anyone tested this with 2.1 and found it compatible?
We haven't had any reports of issues found when using this add-on on 2.1 yet. To be safe I'd suggest not testing it on a live site but maybe test it on a dev/demo site instead.

We haven't had any reports of issues found when using this add-on on 2.1 yet. To be safe I'd suggest not testing it on a live site but maybe test it on a dev/demo site instead.
Working fine for me. Maybe a few things that I can't see at the moment, but, I'm sure another rollout will fix those problems.

Some important features seem missing:
  • Ability to edit a topic to make it non-question (or question)
  • Showing link to best answer - when posts are ordered by date (instead of votes), it's not clear that there is a best answer and where it is
  • The number of best answers doesn't show on profile page (can be shown next to post only)
Also ran into a problem quickly marking and unmarking post as a best answer:
Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Repository\Post::removeBestAnswerAlert() must be an instance of XF\Entity\Post, null given, called in /app/src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php on line 54 src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/Repository/Post.php:36

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php(54): ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Repository\Post->removeBestAnswerAlert(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionBestAnswer(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Post', 'BestAnswer', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}

Last edited:
Some important features seem missing:
  • Ability to edit a topic to make it non-question (or question)
  • Showing link to best answer - when posts are ordered by date (instead of votes), it's not clear that there is a best answer and where it is
  • The number of best answers doesn't show on profile page (can be shown next to post only)
Also ran into a problem quickly marking and unmarking post as a best answer:
Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Repository\Post::removeBestAnswerAlert() must be an instance of XF\Entity\Post, null given, called in /app/src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php on line 54 src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/Repository/Post.php:36

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/Pub/Controller/Post.php(54): ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Repository\Post->removeBestAnswerAlert(NULL)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Pub\Controller\Post->actionBestAnswer(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Post', 'BestAnswer', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Pub\Controller\Post), NULL)
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#4 src/XF/App.php(1934): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#5 src/XF.php(333): XF\App->run()
#6 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#7 {main}
Some good feature suggestions that I'd be glad to add to our issue tracker. As far as the error that your experiencing when marking or unmarking a post as best answer, this is being experienced with the latest version? To better assist you with this issue go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal.
@Dalton Prock , @Mike Creuzer ,

don´t know if this is already reported:
View attachment 192088

Doesn´t work as default setting in 2.1 Beta 5. Guess it doesn´t in 2.0, too. The filter in the thread itself works, but without being persisting.
Don't believe we have had anyone report this yet but I'll go ahead and report it on our issue tracker ;)

As far as the error that your experiencing when marking or unmarking a post as best answer, this is being experienced with the latest version?
Yes, latest stable: v2.0.12.

To better assist you with this issue go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal.
A different admin has access to the client area so I can't do it right now. We currently chose not to run this addon in production.

Hey,
I have some pre-purchase questions for you:

Choose which forums are Q&A based
Is it also possible to have a forum with two buttons: New Thread and New Question? So basically let the user choose what the post is?

Set specific threads as Q&A threads, force threads to be made Q&A threads, [...]
So if the side-by-side button thing I hope for from above doesn't work, would it be a possibility to just allow normal posts in every forum, put every new thread in moderation before it goes public and the moderator's job is to decide to just publish it or publish it and make it (force it to be) a question? Would that be an option?

Thanks!

Top Bottom