[TH] Question and Answer Forums Importer

[TH] Question and Answer Forums Importer 1.0.0 Patch Level 3

No permission to download
After discussing this with our team and attempting to replicate it, nothing was replicated on my board. Although we'd still like to help you get resolved. Would you be willing to create a ticket with us?

I have a feeling you're gonna close it like you do every other ticket I create and offer me a refund instead of fixing the problem, but okay.

We just ran into this with an Enterprise customer.

Issues identified and fixed:
  • stepVotes can infinitely loop
  • getVotes is keyed by content_id where vote_id is more appropriate
  • The stepThreadstatus method makes no attempt to filter posts that are marked as the best answer, it just selects all post IDs for each thread so, typically, the last post in each thread is marked as the answer
Can share the fixed file or provide it in private @Dalton Prock @Mike C

We just ran into this with an Enterprise customer.

Issues identified and fixed:
  • stepVotes can infinitely loop
  • getVotes is keyed by content_id where vote_id is more appropriate
  • The stepThreadstatus method makes no attempt to filter posts that are marked as the best answer, it just selects all post IDs for each thread so, typically, the last post in each thread is marked as the answer
Can share the fixed file or provide it in private @Dalton Prock @Mike C
Will take a look. But this was built as a courtesy for license holders where support expired at least a year if not two ago. So if we cannot do it quick, we can just give you the script for you to do yourself. :)

I believe we already have a fix in an unreleased version for at least the getVotes key and the best answer issue, possibly the infinite loop too. If you can send me the changes I’ll check with what we’ve made but I think we’ll have a patched build ready to go already. Looks like it slipped through the net in getting pushed here.

That should at least fix the latter 2 issues, not sure about the infinite loop but may have been related to the keying issue.

It might have been a fluke but it seemed to be looping after it was finished. Had to do something like if (!$votes) { return $state->complete(); }

Just remembered one other small issue. The imported count for the threadstatus step doesn't increase because it only increases in the event of an exception being caught.

PHP:
            } catch (\Exception $e) {
                $state->imported++;
            }

Top Bottom