[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

It may be best to report the issue to them directly through their preferred support method as to keep this thread on topic to our product

Thing is I have reported this to them a while ago and instead of looking into it which they claim they have, the pointed fingers at other add-ons/developers. So I have gone and reported it for the second time. Tagging him in this is so he can see I am not the only one with this issue.

When trying to view a thread that are a Q&A thread i get this error from EWR-Porta when having the Q&A addon active.
If i disable Q&A addon all works fine.

PHP:
 Fatal error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute::getParam() in src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Thread.php on line 13

Any suggestions?

Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Redirect::getParam() src/addons/XenConcept/RestrictGuestViews/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:38
I get a similar error from EWR-Porta so i think the bug somehow are in the Q&A addon.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Reroute::getParam() in src/addons/EWR/Porta/Pub/Controller/Thread.php on line 13

I get a similar error from EWR-Porta so i think the bug somehow are in the Q&A addon.

Unfortunately there really is nothing we can do about that error. it is not a bug within Q&A Forums, it going to be coming from another add-on, in your case XenPorta. They are not verifying that the parent response is actually a view before attempting to load parameters. What they're doing will cause issues with some default XenForo functionality as well as there is a potential for a thread to be redirected when you've moved it to a new forum and have selected for a redirect to be left in place.

Yep! In the options you can configure both a prefix for all Q&A threads, as well as a prefix for answered threads
How can one configure a prefix for an answered thread? I have set the default for new, unanswered threads with a prefix. You mention that once this is answered it can automatically change the prefix?

Setup -> Options -> Q&A Forums:

Screen Shot 2018-01-15 at 2.14.49 PM.webp

It will apply these prefixes even if you have them set so they can't be applied by any usergroups (which is how I'd probably recommend setting them up so someone can't accidentally just change the prefix) :)

Setup -> Options -> Q&A Forums:

View attachment 166671

It will apply these prefixes even if you have them set so they can't be applied by any usergroups (which is how I'd probably recommend setting them up so someone can't accidentally just change the prefix) :)
Sorry, another probably basic question. How can I set prefix rules so only this forum cannot have user selected prefixes, based on your above guidance? I know I can set userwide permissions, but would like users to be able to use prefixes outside the Q&A forum.

@Jake B. Getting lot Server error log about Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Error::getParam() src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:26

Code:
Error: Call to undefined method XF\Mvc\Reply\Error::getParam() src/addons/ThemeHouse/QAForums/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php:26

Generated by: Unknown account Jan 17, 2018 at 9:24 AM

Stack trace

#0 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(88): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', 'html', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'forums', Object(NF\TrashCan\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#3 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#4 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#5 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#6 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(25) "/threads/39073/?view=date"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["view"] => string(4) "date"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

How can Admin mark a best answer? Also is there a threshold that can be set to automatically mark as best answer?
I don't believe administrators are able to mark the best answer at this time by default. If you have it enabled in group permissions, the creator of the question is able to mark his own response as the best answer though. As far as a threshold, I don't believe this is offered by default either.

I don't believe administrators are able to mark the best answer at this time by default. If you have it enabled in group permissions, the creator of the question is able to mark his own response as the best answer though. As far as a threshold, I don't believe this is offered by default either.
So the only person who can mark the 'Best Answer' is the OP? That seems a bit daft, many users will have no idea what/how etc, or even such a function exists. Much better to have the option of an admin having this ability too.
Or am I missing something? Perhaps, it would be good to be have a threshold set, so they automatically get marked as best answer. Otherwise I see a whole load of unanswered questions being lingering around (even though the thread may contain really good answers).

Hello,

Is there a way to enable the QA forums in every nodes ? I have hundreds of categories, so it's taking ages to enable your addon in each forum...

Thanks.

Any updates here? I have a user who has started a question that has a brilliant answer about 3 posts in, but unless the OP knows what to do its forever unanswered 😫😫😫 Please give admin ability to mark best answers, I have a forum full of unanswered question that have great answers within. You also need to work out a way of making it super easy and obvious to opening posters HOW to mark an answer as best answer, with a thought out UX.

Top Bottom