[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

So the only person who can mark the 'Best Answer' is the OP? That seems a bit daft, many users will have no idea what/how etc, or even such a function exists. Much better to have the option of an admin having this ability too.
Or am I missing something? Perhaps, it would be good to be have a threshold set, so they automatically get marked as best answer. Otherwise I see a whole load of unanswered questions being lingering around (even though the thread may contain really good answers).

There should be a moderator permission for marking the best answer on any thread, is this not showing up for you?

Hello,

Is there a way to enable the QA forums in every nodes ? I have hundreds of categories, so it's taking ages to enable your addon in each forum...

Thanks.

You can run the query:

update xf_forum set th_qaforum=1;

Any updates here? I have a user who has started a question that has a brilliant answer about 3 posts in, but unless the OP knows what to do its forever unanswered 😫😫😫 Please give admin ability to mark best answers, I have a forum full of unanswered question that have great answers within. You also need to work out a way of making it super easy and obvious to opening posters HOW to mark an answer as best answer, with a thought out UX.

Sorry for the delay, your post was at the end of the day on Friday, see my response above :)

Hello @Jack

Hello,

I configured the nodes, enabled the addon, but nothing is showing up...

Are the permissions set? If so, could you create a ticket at themehouse.com?

Think I’ve found another bug. Default thread view ‘sort by votes’ not working. Always defaults to sorting by post date.

I've just given it a test and I can't replicate this issue, in fact, this is the only view I've ever used with this add-on (apart from briefly testing the date sort order). I suspect another add-on could be causing issues with this, could you create a ticket at themehouse.com with admin details so we can have a look?

@Jake B. There is no such setting for admin to mark a post as best answer. Only to mark best answer on own thread!

These are the options:
View attachment 167232

Ah, that permission was added fairly recently so it might not have made it into the latest released version

Sorry to keep going on... but this is a buggy addon. What’s the green button for? And the styling at the top under thread title?

View attachment 167234

That button is coming from the style, not the add-on. And it is a reply button, although for some reason the icon isn't showing up -- send us a ticket at themehouse.com (making sure to select UI.X 2 not Q&A forums) and Ian can have a look for you :)

Ah, that permission was added fairly recently so it might not have made it into the latest released version

That button is coming from the style, not the add-on. And it is a reply button, although for some reason the icon isn't showing up -- send us a ticket at themehouse.com (making sure to select UI.X 2 not Q&A forums) and Ian can have a look for you :)
Sorry Jake but I really don’t have time to keep logging tickets for every bug - can you test it on your live site? This happens on a stock UI.X with the Q&A addon.

If it is a bug then it'll be a bug within UI.X, not this add-on. I've logged it so Ian can take a look to confirm the issue. Unfortunately I can't provide an ETA for a fix at this time, however.

There should be a moderator permission for marking the best answer on any thread, is this not showing up for you?

You can run the query:

update xf_forum set th_qaforum=1;

Sorry for the delay, your post was at the end of the day on Friday, see my response above :)

Are the permissions set? If so, could you create a ticket at themehouse.com?

I've just given it a test and I can't replicate this issue, in fact, this is the only view I've ever used with this add-on (apart from briefly testing the date sort order). I suspect another add-on could be causing issues with this, could you create a ticket at themehouse.com with admin details so we can have a look?

Please, can you create a ticket by yourself Jack ?
My permissions are set, and I can't see your addon...

Naturally I cannot make a ticket on your account, we'll need the link to your site and potentially admin details to look into the issue. I can't replicate any issues causing the add-on not to function completely so it's likely down to configuration.

BUG report :

With the addon @XenConcept username change, there is a conflict :

• Error: Call to undefined method ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Entity\User::canClearLogsUsername()
  • src/addons/XenConcept/UsernameChange/XF/Pub/Controller/Member.php:37

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XenConcept\UsernameChange\XF\Pub\Controller\Member->actionUsernameLogsClear(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(87): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Member', 'UsernameLogsCle...', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'members', Object(XenConcept\UsernameChange\XF\Pub\Controller\Member), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#3 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#4 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#5 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#6 {main}

PS : Still can't get your addon working.

BUG report :

There is a test method in the threads :

/threads/<ID>/test

Not really a bug. This method doesn't actually do anything (other than return the formatted 'new posts' in that thread), but this has been removed within the next update.

BUG report :

With the addon @XenConcept username change, there is a conflict :

• Error: Call to undefined method ThemeHouse\QAForums\XF\Entity\User::canClearLogsUsername()
  • src/addons/XenConcept/UsernameChange/XF/Pub/Controller/Member.php:37

Code:
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XenConcept\UsernameChange\XF\Pub\Controller\Member->actionUsernameLogsClear(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(87): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Member', 'UsernameLogsCle...', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'members', Object(XenConcept\UsernameChange\XF\Pub\Controller\Member), NULL)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#3 src/XF/App.php(1880): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#4 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#5 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#6 {main}

This really shouldn't be possible. As long as that add-on is using the XFCP any methods it adds will work just fine. We don't use anything with that name, and there would be no way for us to "remove" a method or cause it to be undefined (short of not using XFCP, which we do use). I'll contact them to see if they'll give us a copy of the add-on so we can have a look, but I don't believe our add-on would be causing an issue here.

PS : Still can't get your addon working.

Like I said, please create a ticket at themehouse.com so we can look into this. I haven't been able to replicate any issues.

Last edited:
Not really a bug. This method doesn't actually do anything (other than return the formatted 'new posts' in that thread), but this has been removed within the next update.

This really shouldn't be possible. As long as that add-on is using the XFCP any methods it adds will work just fine. We don't use anything with that name, and there would be no way for us to "remove" a method or cause it to be undefined (short of not using XFCP, which we do use). I'll contact them to see if they'll give us a copy of the add-on so we can have a look, but I don't believe our add-on would be causing an issue here.

Like I said, please create a ticket at themehouse.com so we can look into this. I haven't been able to replicate any issues.

Thankd for the help.
I needed to "check" the "Mark this thread as QA" option when creating a thread (I wasn't able to see the option via the quick thread creation tool).

Ah, makes sense. This add-on was initially built before that quick thread feature existed in the developer previews, so support was just probably never added. Will look into adding this in for the next update :)

As for your issue you were having with this and the username change add-on I can't replicate any issues, so I think another add-on may be blocking it from running

Okay so I have been using this for about a week now. It works GREAT but I do have one request.

A lot of people will use our gaming forum once or twice and ask a question, someone will give a great detailed answer, but the creator does not return or ever mark a result as "best answer".

Could you please add an option for staff to be able to select any post they choose as the "best answer" in the absence of a player doing it or people voting?

Could you please add an option for staff to be able to select any post they choose as the "best answer" in the absence of a player doing it or people voting?

We actually have that done already, I thought it was included in the last release, but I think we forgot to merge that one in before releasing so it'll be in the next update :)

Top Bottom