[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

up/down votes are not limited to the author/moderator, they're (by default) available to everyone except the creator of the post that is being voted on

Hmm... but I can't vote up/down from Administrator account without set Forum moderator permissions: [TH] Q&A Forums: Mark best answer on any thread

any idea?

What I need to set permission to users (no moderators)??? Mu users cant't vote, because they have only tooltip with text: "You do not have permission to vote for this answer. " :/

This is the second addon I bought from ThemeHouse, which doesn't work properly and has no help from author. With other paid addons (eg. @Xon), I get support, which quickly corrects bugs. Unfortunately, in the case addons from ThemeHouse it's different.. :(

Last edited:
What I need to set permission to users (no moderators)??? Mu users cant't vote, because they have only tooltip with text: "You do not have permission to vote for this answer. " :/

This is the second addon I bought from ThemeHouse, which doesn't work properly and has no help from author. With other paid addons (eg. @Xon), I get support, which quickly corrects bugs. Unfortunately, in the case addons from ThemeHouse it's different.. :(

If you create a ticket with admin details we can have a look, there are only a couple of permissions so it should be pretty easy to sort out :)

What bug? If you're referring to this:

Hmm... but I can't vote up/down from Administrator account without set Forum moderator permissions: [TH] Q&A Forums: Mark best answer on any thread

any idea?

it is intentional. There is a planned feature to allow best answer to be automatically determined based on the number of up votes.

But now users who are not moderators / administrators can't vote...

Only moderators with set permission to Mark best answer on any thread can vote up/down.

1521908941906.webp

I Installed addon, but old threads in node are not converted to question threads.

How i can convert all threads which are already posted in the node which i mark as QA to use default QA format.

i see a issue with permissions

unless i tick yes to Vote for answer in own thread - No one is able to vote from any group including thread starter.

If click yes to Vote for answer in own thread - rest all able to vote for answer but thread owner is not able to vote for best answer.

Reactions: CNK
unless i tick yes to Vote for answer in own thread - No one is able to vote from any group including thread starter.

What, exactly, do you mean by "vote"? Are you referring to the up/down arrows, or marking a thread as the best answer? Only the thread author (and moderators/administrators) should be allowed to mark a post as the best answer as this isn't a vote, and will just lead to users unmarking/marking posts incorrectly.

i see a issue with permissions

If click yes to Vote for answer in own thread - rest all able to vote for answer but thread owner is not able to vote for best answer.

this add-on has a lot of bugs, I reported it some time ago, but the author could not fix the issues... he told me he returned me the money (I hope so).

this add-on has a lot of bugs, I reported it some time ago, but the author could not fix the issues... he told me he returned me the money (I hope so).

The errors you had reported we were not able to replicate and you were not willing to provide the necessary access to look into the issues so we weren't able to fix them, they were not related to the current issues in the post you're quoting (which at this point I believe may be more of a misunderstanding on how the product is supposed to function rather than an issue in the product itself).

Add-on works perfectly for me. No offense but based on your descriptions I think you're both confused about how the permissions work, I would reinstall and reread the documentation

What, exactly, do you mean by "vote"? Are you referring to the up/down arrows, or marking a thread as the best answer? Only the thread author (and moderators/administrators) should be allowed to mark a post as the best answer as this isn't a vote, and will just lead to users unmarking/marking posts incorrectly.
in permission groups when i given permission to - "Vote for answer in own thread " - yes

the thread creator is not able to up or down vote the post replies in his thread, the thread creator is able to mark post as answer but cant vote in replies.

Yup, I don't change default permission, and I sent you login access in my ticket:
View attachment 171767

set Vote for answer in own thread to - Yes - in registered and moderator group permission.

for admin, you need to set all to yes - if you wish admin to take part in this.

This will start working as intended.

My old threads in QA forum are not converted to QA format.

How i can do that.

Only new threads are in QA formats. Old already made thread before installation are not converted.

Top Bottom