[TH] Question and Answer Forums [Deleted]

Thanks. I'm able to insert different forum icons now. I just can't seem to find the color setting for that bright red question mark in the forum threads list view. I'm sure it's in a template somewhere, but damned if I can locate it... lol

Hello guys!

Just buying and a quick question:

- Can i enable the up/down vote feature outside of the QA Threads?

I'm asking this because i want the up/down vote functionality but outside of the QA threads.

And if not, please, this is my suggestion. Please add this functionality.

Would be great if the Up/Down Function was added to the First Post of the thread, to show in the thread list too in the same format.

Thank you very much.

You've probably already figured out the answer, but yes - you can give permissions in usergroup settings to allow the 'Q&A' option in ANY thread if you like. When enabled, when posting a new thread you'll have an option to check 'Question' in the same place you'd sticky a thread.

Thanks. I'm able to insert different forum icons now. I just can't seem to find the color setting for that bright red question mark in the forum threads list view. I'm sure it's in a template somewhere, but damned if I can locate it... lol

th_structured_list_status_qaForums.less
&--unanswered::before

Does this addon have any kind of setting that would disable voting for a certain period of time? Basically, someone posts a question and before people start to vote for the best answer, it would allow say 7 days to get the best answers listed? I am looking for an addon to run a photo contest. Ive bought and tried many solutions that are not the best, but this seems like it could possibly be modified to suit our contest needs.
Fingers crossed.

No, there isn't anything time based. The only threshold to automatically mark something as the best answer that exists currently is when it reaches a certain point value

Reporting a little bug:

Happens when a deleted user have a old post in a thread and, if i try to delete, i have this message:

1582076897041.webp

For counter this, i change the content owner and delete after this.

Hello, I want the member to not be able to open a new question without answering a question. Don't ask new questions before the problem is solved. Is this possible?

This addon adds a link to "unanswered questions" to the statistic widget:
1583520460951.png

But this link doesn't work correctly and only gives you a list of unread threads.

The problem exists in template modification: thqaforums_widget_forum_statistics

To fix it to display, only unsolved threads you need to create a template modification:

---
Template: widget_forum_statistics
Modification key: fix_THQA_widget_statistic_link
Description: Changes statistic widget link to unanswered questions to correct query
Simple Replacement

find:
Code:
<dt><a href="{{ link('whats-new/posts/', '', { 'unansweredquestions': true }) }}">{{ phrase('thqaforums_unanswered_questions') }}</a></dt>

replace with:
Code:
<dt><a href="{{ link('whats-new/posts/', '', { 'thqa_answer_status': 'unanswered' }) }}">{{ phrase('thqaforums_unanswered_questions') }}</a></dt>
---

Then it will properly link to /whats-new/posts/?thqa_answer_status=unanswered

This will display all unsolved questions rather than "unread" questions

Hello, I want the member to not be able to open a new question without answering a question. Don't ask new questions before the problem is solved. Is this possible?
What you are looking for isn't currently possible out of the box but you might look into user group promotions. Set them up to match with the following criteria within Question and Answer Forums. You might be able to set it up so that once users have received a number of votes or best answers, they would be able to have the permission to create questions.

This addon adds a link to "unanswered questions" to the statistic widget:
View attachment 220000

But this link doesn't work correctly and only gives you a list of unread threads.

The problem exists in template modification: thqaforums_widget_forum_statistics

To fix it to display, only unsolved threads you need to create a template modification:

---
Template: widget_forum_statistics
Modification key: fix_THQA_widget_statistic_link
Description: Changes statistic widget link to unanswered questions to correct query
Simple Replacement

find:
Code:
<dt><a href="{{ link('whats-new/posts/', '', { 'unansweredquestions': true }) }}">{{ phrase('thqaforums_unanswered_questions') }}</a></dt>

replace with:
Code:
<dt><a href="{{ link('whats-new/posts/', '', { 'thqa_answer_status': 'unanswered' }) }}">{{ phrase('thqaforums_unanswered_questions') }}</a></dt>
---

Then it will properly link to /whats-new/posts/?thqa_answer_status=unanswered

This will display all unsolved questions rather than "unread" questions
I'll get this reported on our issue tracker, thanks for the report!

When xenforo upgraded to version 2.1.8, threads messages are not displayed by default while this plugin is active. It appears only when you sort by date. So I had to disable the plugin. Urgent solution needed :(

• InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'th_is_qa_qaforum' on XF:Thread[71]
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('th_is_qa_qaforu...')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thqaforums_post_macros_controls.php(68): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('th_is_qa_qaforu...')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/post_macros.php(270): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thqaforums_post...', 'external_contro...', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_view.php(576): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

Last edited:
When xenforo upgraded to version 2.1.8, threads messages are not displayed by default while this plugin is active. It appears only when you sort by date. So I had to disable the plugin. Urgent solution needed :(

• InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'th_is_qa_qaforum' on XF:Thread[71]
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:194
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('th_is_qa_qaforu...')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thqaforums_post_macros_controls.php(68): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('th_is_qa_qaforu...')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/post_macros.php(270): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('thqaforums_post...', 'external_contro...', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s1/public/thread_view.php(576): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}

Can you check whether another add-on might be interfering? Realistically, the XenForo update shouldn't have caused this (directly).

Can you check whether another add-on might be interfering? Realistically, the XenForo update shouldn't have caused this (directly).

I also tested it with other plugins.
the main problem was "[TH] Post Comments 1.0.2 Patch Level 2" from this plugin. :(

This is your plugin :)
There is no other plugin already.

Could it be ensured that voting options are shown only to members and that visitors do not see voting options?

okay, i figured out

Last edited:
Hello!

Guys, I`m here to give a suggestion to comply with Google and schema.org standards, because my Postmaster Tools is giving me some errors about.

Since is a Question and Answer Add-on, would be great if this kind of threads by this plugin can comply with this standards.

Thanks for your attention.

Top Bottom