[TH] Post Comments [Deleted]

To be clear I don't know if we can get it to the next release exactly but your concerns are indeed valid. Just so I'm clear if anyone wants to summarize all key needed issues I'll see to it they get prioritized for the next release.
I am summarizing it this evening over at github, Mike. The comment history in the ticket was gone until this morning, so I couldn't proceed.

@Mike Creuzer I briefly searched but does this allow any sort of collapsing of posts/comments at all?

Just took a look, this is possible to an extent:

but it only seems to allow this on depth 2+ posts for some reason, not sure on the exact reasoning for this but @Ian Hitt or @Lukas W. can likely provide more details as they had worked on this. Edit: Made an issue for this as well: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/new

As requested by @Mike Creuzer , I´d added this aleady to github: https://github.com/Audentio/xf2addon-issues/issues/1208 . Mike, you wanted to priorize them, or?

I've added that priority label and asked Lukas or Ian to take a look

Reddit has poorly rated posts collapsed on first display .... kind of a nice feature.
That may be, but without a tree structure and collapse options the addon itself would make no sense at all. When I´d have to scroll over 15 completly unrelated or uninteresting comments each time, before I can - finally ! - read the next substantial post, guess what?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
, like the rest of my users ;)

Hi,

I have one forum where I want members to reply to the threads they started only, and to comment on any posts (theirs or someone else's). I want comments to be plain text only, with character limit, collapsed by default, and formatted differently from posts (e.g. smaller font). Is it possible with this add-on? Also, can I (admin/mod) convert posts to comments?

Thank you very much!

Hi,

I have one forum where I want members to reply to the threads they started only, and to comment on any posts (theirs or someone else's). I want comments to be plain text only, with character limit, collapsed by default, and formatted differently from posts (e.g. smaller font). Is it possible with this add-on? Also, can I (admin/mod) convert posts to comments?

Thank you very much!
I've went ahead and started a private conversation with ya to answer some of your questions along with sending you a link to a demo to test out the product ;)

Is this plugin compatible with the ForumApps Native App? It looks like TH is supporting that app, but not sure if it's still viable.

Is this plugin compatible with the ForumApps Native App? It looks like TH is supporting that app, but not sure if it's still viable.
We haven't had any reports of it having any problems with the ForumApps Native application. If you find any problems let us know! :)

Guys, is there an ETA for a 2.1 version? Actual it seems to be incompatble with it (or I have overseen something).

Guys, is there an ETA for a 2.1 version? Actual it seems to be incompatble with it (or I have overseen something).
No official ETA on this but this is planned (along with many of our other 2.x add-ons) for 2.1 as we will have more news on this once the release candidate gets closer to being released.

@Mike Creuzer ,
before this one gets released: I don´t know why I haven´t noticed this earlier, but there is a major bug in it! Heck, this bug is so huge, that I don´t have an idea, how @Lukas W. couldn´t see it while developing it:

[TH] comments don´t work with [TH] Q&A ! ;)
  • answers to Q&A forums cannot be displayed, since they go the comments system while..
  • the comment system is active, but no comment link shows up in the Q&A posts.
Jokes aside: how in the world you can create a Q&A and don´t make them compatible? Both combinded would make forums, that not only look & feel like stackoverflow.com - they´ld come very close in terms of how it works. Since Google has recently taken a huge load of signal weight away from standard forums and onto Q&A sites like stackexchange, this combination is what we customers would really need.

You´ld better get this working together nicely, before @Alfa1 nails you onto the pillory, while I´ll be happy to do my upmost to assist him with the hammer & nails :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
@Mike Creuzer ,
before this one gets released: I don´t know why I haven´t noticed this earlier, but there is a major bug in it! Heck, this bug is so huge, that I don´t have an idea, how @Lukas W. couldn´t see it while developing it:

[TH] comments don´t work with [TH] Q&A ! ;)
  • answers to Q&A forums cannot be displayed, since they go the comments system while..
  • the comment system is active, but no comment link shows up in the Q&A posts.
Jokes aside: how in the world you can create a Q&A and don´t make them compatible? Both combinded would make forums, that not only look & feel like stackoverflow.com - they´ld come very close in terms of how it works. Since Google has recently taken a huge load of signal weight away from standard forums and onto Q&A sites like stackexchange, this combination is what we customers would really need.

You´ld better get this working together nicely, before @Alfa1 nails you onto the pillory, while I´ll be happy to do my upmost to assist him with the hammer & nails :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for reporting this! We'll look into this issue more in-dept so that it is fixed in the next release.

@Dalton Prock, is it possible to use [TH]comments only in selected nodes?
This can easily be done by setting it through Node Permissions. Navigate to Forums -> Node Permissions -> Select a user group before setting the "Can comment on post" too no, yes, or never. You can also set these permissions for a specific user.
But as far as allowing you to select specific nodes that allow or disallow post comments I'd have to double check to see if we are planning on offering such functionality in the future. I'm gonna double check with our developers and notify you once I hear back ;)

Top Bottom