[TH] No Downtime [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this add-on work together with Chris' maintenance screen add-on? I mean, in the rare cases this add-on doesn't work, I assume normally you'd get the white screen of death while the installation/upgrade runs, but if you have the maintenance screen add-on installed, then will the maintenance screen be displayed?

Btw, fantastic add-on! XF ought to hire you as a core developer!
Chris as in me? That add-on you refer to was by HWS / wmtech.

I would have thought they'd not work well together. Either way, I've never seen this actually not work. It should always work, there's no reason why it wouldn't.

Chris as in me? That add-on you refer to was by HWS / wmtech.

I would have thought they'd not work well together. Either way, I've never seen this actually not work. It should always work, there's no reason why it wouldn't.
Oops sorry, that's who I meant. Well, Waindigo does mention a couple of scenarios in which his add-on won't work in the add-on Description:
Unlike the above add-on [the wmtech one], this add-on will not work for a 'Rebuild Master Data' request.
I don't know if 'Rebuild Master Data' is something add-on installation / upgrading can trigger ...?
This add-on does not currently prevent the downtime in the Admin Control Panel while admin templates are being rebuilt.
Okay, I suppose I don't really care if there is a white screen of death in the Admin Control Panel only.

Rebuild Master Data is a thing you'll probably never use.

You can kick it off by going to the Install / Upgrade system, e.g.:

http://www.yourdomain.com/install

There you can kick of a full and clean installation of XenForo or there's an option to rebuild the Master Data.

Master Data consists of the "Master Language", the "Master Style" and the Admin and E-mail templates. Probably a few other things as well.

These things are usually invisible unless you have the Debug mode switched on.

Thank you, Chris! I don't think I will be needing the maintenance screen any more, so I've disabled it to avoid any potential incompatibility issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom