[TH] Latest Content Live Updates [Deleted]

Any update on the duplicate bug? Thanks
I was able to get an issue created within our issue tracker and was able to replicate it on my demo as well. No official ETA of when but hopefully sometime soon our team will further investigate and get a fix out thereafter. Till then let me know if I can assist with anything else.

I was able to get an issue created within our issue tracker and was able to replicate it on my demo as well. No official ETA of when but hopefully sometime soon our team will further investigate and get a fix out thereafter. Till then let me know if I can assist with anything else.
Thanks for the update.

Any word yet on 2.2 compatibility?

Bought and installed this add-on on my XF 2.1 forum, /whats-new/latest-activity
is not workin/refreshing, so add-on does not work on my forum.
Opened a ticket at themehouse, hope they will respond soon because this is the add-on i was looking for a long time ago!

I can confirm that it is working now after great help of Themehouse!

Was just curious if anyone has faced this particular bug. If I leave the activity page unattended for a while. And there are a bunch of updates during that period. The activity loads the updates in opposite order when I open that tab after a pretty long gap. So the latest content appears first and at the top you get the oldest content from that update. I end up seeing this 4-5 times a week. Haven't been able to replicate it in a way where I could screen record it for developers.

I like this, but for some reason for guests it's just showing posts from a couple of users within the last 24 hours even though there's been thousands of posts.

I've added a rule in cloudflare to bypass the cache for the URL, but it doesn't look like a cache issue as it's got an odd selection of a few users.

Anyone else had this?

Do they appear with add-on disabled? Users have the ability to hide their content from the latest activity from my understanding. But they should still appear for admins.

I like this, but for some reason for guests it's just showing posts from a couple of users within the last 24 hours even though there's been thousands of posts.

I've added a rule in cloudflare to bypass the cache for the URL, but it doesn't look like a cache issue as it's got an odd selection of a few users.

Anyone else had this?
Seems like maybe a permission issue?

what’s your registration defaults? I think the news feed one might prevent guests from seeing.

Seems like maybe a permission issue?

what’s your registration defaults? I think the news feed one might prevent guests from seeing.
Ah thank you that's exactly it, and answers why for admin there was more showing than for a standard member! I did think it was probably nothing to do with this plugin.

Is anyone using cloudflare and having caching issues for guests? Always a few minutes behind so you get loads auto loading on the initial page view and sometimes not in the right order. But once it's got the old ones it seems fine. I'm using this rule in CF and it seems to cache less, but is still caching around 3 mins old:

https://forum.com/whats-new/*
Cache Level: Bypass

Ah so you have noticed the issue where new content loads first and old content appears at the top but once the page loads, future posts load just fine?

Ah so you have noticed the issue where new content loads first and old content appears at the top but once the page loads, future posts load just fine?
Yes, looks to be when there's a backlog of things to load. Only really affects guests with the caching issue, so very minor.

yeah. i can also confirm that it works on 2.2beta similar to 2.1. also retains the repeating posts bug.

Attachments

• Little Monkey.webp
    Little Monkey.webp
    41.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
yeah. i can also confirm that it works on 2.2beta similar to 2.1. also retains the repeating posts bug.
I'll see if I'm able to replicate the same thing on my demo as well on 2.2. Thanks for the report!

I was never able to replicate it on 2.1 unfortunately.

The reverse by time post loading order also happens now and then. Still not able to screen record it happening live for bug report. At best I can post screenshots of it loaded in reverse 😂

DPSpy was amazeballs. Never had any issues with it. It was just so good and smooth!

Same. It worked like clockwork and saved me browsing the forum to monitor activity. I've been on 2.1 for over a week and I still type in forumurl.com/spy out of habit in the morning.

This add-on is good, but it's no DigitalPoint Spy. I'd kill for that on 2.1.

Top Bottom