[TH] Join User Group [Deleted]

hi

is ist normal that i cant see on register the joinable moderatet groups ? or can anybody help me ?

greetz lemmi

Discovered a bug with the "Allow during registration" feature:

Users that join usergroups during registration are bypassing the moderation. I.e. they are added to the usergroup without the moderator's approval.

hi

is ist normal that i cant see on register the joinable moderatet groups ? or can anybody help me ?

greetz lemmi
You have to go to "ACP -> Options -> Join User Groups" and then tick "Allow during registration". But as you can see from my above comment, it's not a good idea to turn it on at the moment if on your site joining your usergroups is supposed to be a moderated process.

Users that join usergroups during registration are bypassing the moderation. I.e. they are added to the usergroup without the moderator's approval.

You have to go to "ACP -> Options -> Join User Groups" and then tick "Allow during registration". But as you can see from my above comment, it's not a good idea to turn it on at the moment if on your site joining your usergroups is supposed to be a moderated process.
yes i now . have @Waindigo a fix for it ?

Only regular joinable groups are included in the registration list, moderated joinable groups are excluded exactly for this reason. Plus the whole feature is only an option so you don't have to use it. ;)

Only regular joinable groups are included in the registration list, moderated joinable groups are excluded exactly for this reason. Plus the whole feature is only an option so you don't have to use it. ;)
OK, but for me it's listing the moderated joinable usergroups on the registration page .... Maybe it's just me. Oh well, I've disabled the feature now, and I don't have any non-moderated joinable usergroups anyway.

My users are separated men and women, so I need a separation at registration.
Currently, it is made with the transport by gender.

My users are separated men and women, so I need a separation at registration.
Currently, it is made with the transport by gender.
Then have two secondary user groups for each gender. You should never need to set the primary user group directly.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Then have two secondary user groups for each gender. You should never need to set the primary user group directly.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Why? Have the groups as primary groups where a new must select user, whether male or female.

How can i change the redirect once i used has selected a group, i tried changing it in the template but i wasnt having any luck, any help please? just want to redirect to my home page

Awesome addon, my only complaint is the way it looks. It's not intuitive, and many members struggle to get started.

Could you migrate this into the Resource Manager framework and add categories? Kind of like Nobita did with his social groups addon.

Awesome addon, my only complaint is the way it looks. It's not intuitive, and many members struggle to get started.

Could you migrate this into the Resource Manager framework and add categories? Kind of like Nobita did with his social groups addon.
Categories can be added but I don't really see how this can work with RM. You look at the description, you join it, that's it, unlike Nobita's Social Groups where the system also controls the group's threads and other things.

Categories can be added but I don't really see how this can work with RM. You look at the description, you join it, that's it, unlike Nobita's Social Groups where the system also controls the group's threads and other things.
The weird part is having it as part of your profile entirely. I could see having your groups in your profile, but the master list should be somewhere else, preferably with it's own tab. You really have to spoon feed people how to get to it.

looking for help with your join user group add on. How do i take away the navigation link because i dont have room for it on my board. it pushes my content out of order so i just want to remove that link. My community will still be able to join groups thru their profiles and when they register.

Top Bottom