[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

Well, now I am confused. I could not read anywhere that I have to remove the AddOn before this lastest update. Now it's too late and I can't install ANY AddOn... :(

I looked in the database and the AddOn is not in the xf_addon table.

What can I do?

I need help, please.

I disabled the current AddOn, then uploaded all files, then updated the (disabled) AddOn with the new xml. After installation pages the AddOn is GONE. It does not appear in the AddOn-list anymore.

I tried to install (not update) the AddOn again, but after I click on the Install-Button it says "File not found" and give me an AdminCP Error: "ErrorException: Undefined index: upload_file - library/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php:181" ... :(

What version were you upgrading from?

To fix this and reinstall the add-on turn on debug mode by adding the following to the end of your config.php :

Code:
$config['debug'] = 1;

Then, in your XenForo Admin Control Panel go to Development -> Admin Template Mods and disable all of them under the 'InstallUpgrade' section (Will likely be prefixed with either Waindigo_ or HexThemes_, depending on the version you upgraded from)

After doing that disable debug mode, and install the add-on. If you want, you can PM me admin and FTP details and I'll take care of it for you

Jake

well the latest update (1.4.14) seems totally hosed.

i tried upgrading it by uploading the zip via the admin cp and the whole plugin has disappeared. it's no longer in my list of plugins.

i tried uploading the files via ftp, overwrote what was there, and installed the plugin via the admin cp with the xml and got the error "Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read." so no go. i'm hoping there's a fix for this.

well the latest update (1.4.14) seems totally hosed.

i tried upgrading it by uploading the zip via the admin cp and the whole plugin has disappeared. it's no longer in my list of plugins.

i tried uploading the files via ftp, overwrote what was there, and installed the plugin via the admin cp with the xml and got the error "Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read." so no go. i'm hoping there's a fix for this.

I'm looking into what would have caused this. However, I did post a temporary solution for this:

What version were you upgrading from?

To fix this and reinstall the add-on turn on debug mode by adding the following to the end of your config.php :

Code:
$config['debug'] = 1;

Then, in your XenForo Admin Control Panel go to Development -> Admin Template Mods and disable all of them under the 'InstallUpgrade' section (Will likely be prefixed with either Waindigo_ or HexThemes_, depending on the version you upgraded from)

After doing that disable debug mode, and install the add-on. If you want, you can PM me admin and FTP details and I'll take care of it for you

Jake

I'm looking into what would have caused this. However, I did post a temporary solution for this:

so, on a whim, i used the url in the readme instead, and now it's installing as normal. my guess is that the xml in the root of the zip is different than the one in "install/data/addon-ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade.xml".

Well, now I can't install any AddOn anymore :(

Server Error
Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 184
  2. ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/xxxx.xxx/htdocs/admin.php at line 13

Now I disabled [TH] Install and Upgrade and I am able to install/update the other AddOn.

I always loved this AddOn and I am sorry to see that it does not work like before :(

Well, now I can't install any AddOn anymore :(

Now I disabled [TH] Install and Upgrade and I am able to install/update the other AddOn.

I always loved this AddOn and I am sorry to see that it does not work like before :(

This happens when installing an add-on? What add-on were you trying to install? I'm not able to replicate this with a few random add-ons I tested. Also, how are you installing them? Uploading the zip, resource manager url or just the XML?

Jake

I just re-enabled this AddOn and tried again.

It happens everytime I try to update an AddOn. No matter if I try uploading the zip, the xml or using the URL.

I just re-enabled this AddOn and tried again.

It happens everytime I try to update an AddOn. No matter if I try uploading the zip, the xml or using the URL.

Just to be absolutely certain, you're running the latest version (1.4.14) correct? Is it a specific add-on it's happening with, or all add-ons? I've tested this with a few add-ons from the resource manager and cannot replicate the issue, though it seems that the offending portion of code is this:

PHP:
if (isset($_FILES['upload_file'])) {
    $files = $_FILES['upload_file'];

foreach ($files['name'] as $key => $filename) {
        $filesArrayKeys = array_keys($files);
        $_FILES['upload_file'] = array();
        foreach ($filesArrayKeys as $filesArrayKey) {
            $_FILES['upload_file'][$filesArrayKey] = $files[$filesArrayKey][$key];
        }

$response = parent::actionUpgrade();

if ($response instanceof XenForo_ControllerResponse_View) {
            break;
        }
    }
}

So, this in theory should only happen when uploading the files, not when using the resource manager URL

The specific line causing the issue is:

PHP:
foreach ($files['name'] as $key => $filename) {

I can't think of any reason this would fail, though I have a few ideas of some things to check. Would you mind turning on debug mode on your forum by adding the following line to your library/config.php:

PHP:
$config['debug'] = 1;

Then sending me a PM with admin details for your board?

Jake

After I disabled TH I&U again to install the newest Update/Patch all entered update URLs were lost :( ... but now I uninstalled TH I&U completely and installed it again. Now it seems to work.

I'm getting this error when I try to install the addon:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'db_vt.xf_install_upgrade_login' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 661
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 352
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->addCredentials() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 798
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->_storeCredentials() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 573
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->checkForUrl() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/ControllerHelper/InstallUpgrade.php at line 51
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_ControllerHelper_InstallUpgrade->checkForUrl() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 398
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->_checkForUrl() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 115
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I'm getting this error when I try to install the addon:

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'db_vt.xf_install_upgrade_login' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 661
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->delete() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 352
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->addCredentials() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 798
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->_storeCredentials() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 573
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->checkForUrl() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/ControllerHelper/InstallUpgrade.php at line 51
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_ControllerHelper_InstallUpgrade->checkForUrl() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 398
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->_checkForUrl() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Extend/XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 115
    ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Extend_XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/user/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Reinstall the add on. One of the tables weren't created when it installed. Likely due to an opcache

i'm using the latest version of this plugin (1.4.14 patch 1) and it never saves my xf password, it asks for it every time.

i'm using the latest version of this plugin (1.4.14 patch 1) and it never saves my xf password, it asks for it every time.

Nothing was changed in that area that I can think of off hand. Do you have the mcrypt PHP extension installed on your server?

Top Bottom