[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

Ok i unchecked , 1st attempt
3b17adf1eefdea8c743e828665e3b9c9.png

2nd attempt
65fd2c91efeab830911fa375e7e7f153.png

I think it asks f0r your details of the customers area. Keep in mind that these login details are different than your data from the Xenforo forum. I assume you type the wrong password. Try the password from your customers area.
But the best way is, register on here and write Jon W a private message about your problem.

It only asks for customers area details if you are upgrading XenForo, not if you are installing an add-on. Not sure why it is not working if you are putting in your forum password. Try using your email address instead of your username.

It only asks for customers area details if you are upgrading XenForo, not if you are installing an add-on. Not sure why it is not working if you are putting in your forum password. Try using your email address instead of your username.
If the addon exists, checkForTitle() will cause your addon to prompt for entering XF.com details.

If the addon exists, checkForTitle() will cause your addon to prompt for entering XF.com details.
Sorry, yes. I didn't mean that it didn't ask for any details. I just meant that it will ask for your forum username/password and not your customer username/password.

Reactions: Xon
Hello again.

Can you look at this - i mean its an error:
install_and_upgrade_01.webp

And when i click on the upper text info message, it says only that there is no outdatet Add-on. Have this to do with certain Add-ons i have deactivated for update search in your Add-on?

Sorry, yes. I didn't mean that it didn't ask for any details. I just meant that it will ask for your forum username/password and not your customer username/password.
Strangely, I am getting the same problem now.
Why do I need to give my login details again?
Second, I tried to give my xenforo forum name and password, it doesnt work.
I tried to give my xenforo forum email name and password, it doesnt work.
I assume I must give my customers information. I deleted stored credentials yesterday (i forgot somehow that I really gave my customers details someday) and now it keeps asking me for this login thing. This is very annoying and I assume it sends my data to your server.

Strangely, I am getting the same problem now.
Why do I need to give my login details again?
Second, I tried to give my xenforo forum name and password, it doesnt work.
I tried to give my xenforo forum email name and password, it doesnt work.
I assume I must give my customers information. I deleted stored credentials yesterday (i forgot somehow that I really gave my customers details someday) and now it keeps asking me for this login thing. This is very annoying and I assume it sends my data to your server.
Why would you assume that? Of course it doesn't send the data to our server, it just uses it to login to the site where you are downloading your add-ons from. It stores it on your server to make that process more simple, unless you choose not to. I'm not stupid enough to store hundreds of peoples confidential information on my own server. That would just be asking for trouble.

Perhaps you should ask *******.

Why would you assume that? Of course it doesn't send the data to our server, it just uses it to login to the site where you are downloading your add-ons from. It stores it on your server to make that process more simple, unless you choose not to. I'm not stupid enough to store hundreds of peoples confidential information on my own server. That would just be asking for trouble.
I love your add-ons but this one confuses me a lot since this credentials thing (since I realized it). Why do I assume it? Because in options I see this:
If this option is enabled, a list of your add-ons will be sent to the Waindigo servers to check whether updated add-ons are available. The options on this page, current XenForo version, current language and debug mode flag are sent in order to provide this service, which uses anonymous information gathered from various sources in order to determine whether add-ons are outdated. Your board URL will also be sent for license validation purposes.
Enabling this option will allow waindigo.org to show useful messages on your home screen. These will be updated whenever this add-on makes a request to the waindigo.org servers. Broadcasts will include important security updates, reminders to update XenForo or key add-ons and promotions.

Perhaps you should ask *******.
His add-on works fine. It logs everything I install. And it seems that it logs the "save credentials" thing, too.
You say "it just uses it to login to the site where you are downloading your add-ons from and it stores it to make that process simple".
But I don't use your add-on to connect to xenforo servers. I download every add-on manually and then upload from my pc via your install add-on.
But it keeps asking me for xenforo forum details. Ok, fine. I put the data and still it doesn't work. What should I do?

I love your add-ons but this one confuses me a lot since this credentials thing (since I realized it). Why do I assume it? Because in options I see this:
Where does it say there that it will send your stored credentials?

His add-on works fine. It logs everything I install. And it seems that it logs the "save credentials" thing, too.
Seems like it. You'll have to speak to him about that. It has nothing to do with me.

You say "it just uses it to login to the site where you are downloading your add-ons from and it stores it to make that process simple".
But I don't use your add-on to connect to xenforo servers. I download every add-on manually and then upload from my pc via your install add-on.
But it keeps asking me for xenforo forum details. Ok, fine. I put the data and still it doesn't work. What should I do?
That sounds like a bug then. It shouldn't ask for XenForo forum details if it doesn't need to login to XenForo. Can you give me an example of an add-on you installed that does this? Email Admin-Generated Password by Waindigo I assume?

Where does it say there that it will send your stored credentials?
Nowhere, I said I assume it. Because there is the way of connection to your servers as shown above. Also you have this "Bypass XenForo license check", so I thought you have to collect some data to validate or not.

Seems like it. You'll have to speak to him about that. It has nothing to do with me.
It has, it is this credentials thing which is logged.

That sounds like a bug then. It shouldn't ask for XenForo forum details if it doesn't need to login to XenForo. Can you give me an example of an add-on you installed that does this? Email Admin-Generated Password by Waindigo I assume?
That is what I try to explain. There is no such add-on else you would know it :). I tried to install the bookmark add-on of AndyB and the Country Flag of Snog. I have the files on my pc here. Both developers updated their add-ons today, so I wanted update mines. I go "install add-on", choose the .zip file, it begins updating templates for 2-3 seconds, then it asks me for this credential thing, I type in my data, then it keeps going with the template updatings, and after it is finished, I see that the install was not successful and the log gives me this "Email Admin-Generated Password by Waindigo" log. Because in the install process I had to do this, it logged this. The install of the add-on was failed though.

At the moment it looks like this:
upload_2015-1-24_16-56-9.webp

Nowhere, I said I assume it. Because there is the way of connection to your servers as shown above. Also you have this "Bypass XenForo license check", so I thought you have to collect some data to validate or not.
The validation is done on your servers, not mine.

It has, it is this credentials thing which is logged.
His add-on can log whatever it likes. I can't stop it from logging anything.

That is what I try to explain. There is no such add-on else you would know it :). I tried to install the bookmark add-on of AndyB and the Country Flag of Snog. I have the files on my pc here. Both developers updated their add-ons today, so I wanted update mines. I go "install add-on", choose the .zip file, it begins updating templates for 2-3 seconds, then it asks me for this credential thing, I type in my data, then it keeps going with the template updatings, and after it is finished, I see that the install was not successful and the log gives me this "Email Admin-Generated Password by Waindigo" log. Because in the install process I had to do this, it logged this. The install of the add-on was failed though.
Ok, there is such an add-on. Now I understand your problem. It seems to be trying to download this add-on from XenForo, hence why it is asking for your username. This seems to be a problem with a feature I added that allows you to enter the title of an add-on to install it. I'll investigate and release a fix straight away.

The validation is done on your servers, not mine.
Ah, ok. good to know. Thanks.

Ok, there is such an add-on. Now I understand your problem. It seems to be trying to download this add-on from XenForo, hence why it is asking for your username. This seems to be a problem with a feature I added that allows you to enter the title of an add-on to install it. I'll investigate and release a fix straight away.
Ahhh, ok, now it makes sense. So actually the install log worked fine because actually it installed your new add-on which was published 2 days ago on my server.
And it kept asking for xenforo details because it bypassed my wish.
Oh, sorry. You see, this add-on confuses me a lot, you see now why :).

Thank you for your support.

Top Bottom