[TH] Image Optimizer [Deleted]

Using UI.X2, will it fix old avatars with the different pixel-sizes?
I will get this anyway soon, just would be interesting, as this is one of my gtmetrix problems.

Thank god! I was dreading losing image compression after GoodForNothing dropped his addon support. I have Kraken too. Awesome!

I'll have a look. I've been wanting to update this add-on for some time to support some other services (and maybe some sort of local software as well if)

Thank you. We have enjoyed your monthly plan for add-ons and themes and with our conversion to 2.1 we will be using as many of your add-ons as possible.

Thank you. We have enjoyed your monthly plan for add-ons and themes and with our conversion to 2.1 we will be using as many of your add-ons as possible.
Thanks for the suggestion, Brent, I agree we've been needing a free tool for this add-on and its a high priority to get that in.

Haven't had a chance to take a look just yet, will likely be a couple weeks until things clear up a bit and I'm able to dig into this :)

Two questions:

1) Does Kraken.io remove EXIF information from files? My members want EXIF information to be preserved.

2) Is it possible to use this addon to optimize all new attachments (starting today) without optimizing all existing attachments? I already used a different addon to optimize existing attachments using jpegoptim and don't want them re-optimized with Kraken.

I'm wondering if #2 above could be accomplished by checking the option to optimize on upload while disabling the cron?

I think I found the answer to #1, which unfortunately is yes. But there is a way to preserve metadata with Kraken. I'd love to see a "Preserve metadata" option with this addon.

See:

1) Does Kraken.io remove EXIF information from files? My members want EXIF information to be preserved.

They have an option for this, right now we don't expose a way to do it though. I'll add this in when I add in some other optimization methods.

2) Is it possible to use this addon to optimize all new attachments (starting today) without optimizing all existing attachments? I already used a different addon to optimize existing attachments using jpegoptim and don't want them re-optimized with Kraken.

Yep, this is the behavior it will have by default. It won't add any existing items into the queue without you manually running the rebuild tool, it'll only queue new items

They have an option for this, right now we don't expose a way to do it though. I'll add this in when I add in some other optimization methods.

Yep, this is the behavior it will have by default. It won't add any existing items into the queue without you manually running the rebuild tool, it'll only queue new items

That is great. While I'm making requests, I'd love to see support for jpegoptim, pngquant, and gifsicle, all of which work locally and are free. The other addon I use right now lets me use jpegoptim while preserving metadata, which is basically ideal for my needs except that it won't let me optimize only new items without optimizing all the existing ones.

I think I found the answer to #1, which unfortunately is yes. But there is a way to preserve metadata with Kraken. I'd love to see a "Preserve metadata" option with this addon.

See:
Unfortunately it looks like only very specific tags can be preserved and stuff we'd be after (like lens info, etc.) would still get stripped.

Unfortunately it looks like only very specific tags can be preserved and stuff we'd be after (like lens info, etc.) would still get stripped.

For 1.1 we’ve added support for resmush.it (which also happens to be free), it has an option that should preserve all EXIF data, but if you want to provide me with an example image through PM I can send you an output from both APIs

We've just sent 1.1.0 Beta 1 to our beta team with the following features:
  • Support for ReSmush.it (Free API for images less than 5mb)
  • Support for pngquant (Open source PNG lossy optimizer -- requires pngquant to be installed on your server, and for exec to be available)
  • Support for jpegoptim (Open source PNG lossy optimizer -- requires jpegoptim to be installed on your server, and for exec to be available)
  • List of image optimizer images with the original size, new size and savings (screenshot below)
Hoping to get Beta 2 to them tomorrow containing the last couple features needed for release :)

Lol, I just bought this based on the beta comments above for adding ReSmush.it compatibility.
Should have waited till the beta was released. :)

Top Bottom