[TH] Image Optimizer [Deleted]

When configuring the add-on does opting to remove EXIF data prevent the forum from using that data to display the image the correct way round when EXIF support has been enabled within php?

I didn't think it warranted a ticket as it was just a straight forward question
I think what he means is, if you create a support ticket, your ticket will be assigned to their team member who has knowledge about the add-on, either because they developed it or assisted in the development. You will get a straight forward answer if you do.

When configuring the add-on does opting to remove EXIF data prevent the forum from using that data to display the image the correct way round when EXIF support has been enabled within php?

It probably would, yes. Kraken lets you specify the exact metadata you want to keep, so you could keep the orientation data but remove everything else. I don't believe resmush has this option though

Yep! Under Tools -> Rebuild Caches there is a process to go through existing attachments, and it'll work with any system that uses Attachments (including XF Resource Manager and XF Media Gallery) :)

How do you rerun this? So I've rebuilt caches for avatars/proxies and some attachments, and they've been run through the status queue but i want to do those items again with a different optimizer. Have switched the priority so the new optimizer is working but when I click rebuild cache, it skips those already processed. Any way to clear this?

How do you rerun this? So I've rebuilt caches for avatars/proxies and some attachments, and they've been run through the status queue but i want to do those items again with a different optimizer. Have switched the priority so the new optimizer is working but when I click rebuild cache, it skips those already processed. Any way to clear this?
I honestly don't think it's possible. Once it's optimized through one provider, that is it.

Getting lots of these errors suddenly,

Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to ThemeHouse\ImageOptimizer\ContentHandler\ImageProxy::hasImage() must be an instance of XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity, null given, called in /var/www/vvv/src/addons/ThemeHouse/ImageOptimizer/ContentHandler/AbstractHandler.php on line 43 src/addons/ThemeHouse/ImageOptimizer/ContentHandler/ImageProxy.php:90
Generated by: Unknown account May 29, 2019 at 3:43 PM

Code:
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/ImageOptimizer/ContentHandler/AbstractHandler.php(43): ThemeHouse\ImageOptimizer\ContentHandler\ImageProxy->hasImage(NULL)
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/ImageOptimizer/Cron/Optimize.php(18): ThemeHouse\ImageOptimizer\ContentHandler\AbstractHandler->optimize(Object(ThemeHouse\ImageOptimizer\Entity\Status))
#2 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\ImageOptimizer\Cron\Optimize::optimizeImages(Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#3 src/XF/Job/Cron.php(34): call_user_func(Array, Object(XF\Entity\CronEntry))
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(253): XF\Job\Cron->run(G)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(195): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, G)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(79): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, G)
#7 job.php(42): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#8 {main}

Can you tell me how to cleanly uninstall my FTP add-on after uninstalling it from my admin panel

Knowing that the add-on is composed of two folder imageoptimizer and core and that core is also used by other add-on.

Thank you

Can you tell me how to cleanly uninstall my FTP add-on after uninstalling it from my admin panel

Knowing that the add-on is composed of two folder imageoptimizer and core and that core is also used by other add-on.

Thank you
Someone from our team explained how to do this within the ticket you opened yesterday. If you are still confused please do let me know.

With both;
  • [TH] Covers [Paid] 1.0.4 Patch Level 1
  • [TH] Image Optimizer [Paid] 1.1.1 Patch Level 1
The following exception is thrown
PHP:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Declaration of ThemeHouse\Covers\ImageOptimizerHandler\Cover::hasImage(XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity $content) must be compatible with ThemeHouse\ImageOptimizer\ContentHandler\AbstractHandler::hasImage(?XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity $content = NULL)

With both;
  • [TH] Covers [Paid] 1.0.4 Patch Level 1
  • [TH] Image Optimizer [Paid] 1.1.1 Patch Level 1
The following exception is thrown
PHP:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Declaration of ThemeHouse\Covers\ImageOptimizerHandler\Cover::hasImage(XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity $content) must be compatible with ThemeHouse\ImageOptimizer\ContentHandler\AbstractHandler::hasImage(?XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity $content = NULL)
An issue has been created here. Thanks for the report :)

Reactions: Xon
Hello,

Just installed this add-on, am using it with kraken.io

Seemed to work flawlessly, processed about 3,000 images, reporting an average of 14% reduction in file size after optimization.

Then I look at my before and after disc usage in cPanel. I am now using significantly more disc space. That's the opposite of what i was expecting.

Are there some duplicate images or other files I need to be deleting after this runs?

Thanks.

Rather weird issue there, go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal so that we can take a closer look.

I see the same after running a large batch of files through command line - it looks like the old/duplicate files are all in the internal_data/temp folder - is it safe to delete these? Does the add-on do it at some interval? I don't see older ones so I assume something is clearing them out.

Those should automatically be removed after they've been optimized, do you have any errors logged?

No errors logged, I had to stop the script manually after it ran through 100K attachments and the disk usage ballooned. I assume this cleanup occurs at the end of the script hence my challenge. But can I manually delete or? Interesting that the folder doesn't have any attachments older than 3 days ago so it looks like its done it in the past. Maybe just this batch

Did you run that rebuild with the CLI or through the browser? If you do it through the browser it should remove them every time it reloads the page to run the next batch, if you do it with CLI it may have a different behavior though - will have to check into it. Definitely should be safe to delete those, but I'd recommend taking a backup of that directory just in case. Nothing should be referencing anything in that directory directly, but best to be safe and download a zip of them before permanently deleting :)

Top Bottom