[TH] Holidays

[TH] Holidays 2.1.3

No permission to download
HALP!!
I have the standards snow/fireworks/bats... where is the other one .. the add on that had chineese New Year/St Patricks Day... ?
My webmaster tried to upload it last year and it said it had issues. I REALLY WANT IT lol...

the add on that had chineese New Year/St Patricks Day... ?
Did you really install this one? Because this one does have Chinese New Year and St Patricks day and all the others.
So if you're missing that, your webmaster either installed the wrong one or disabled these days.

Is there a way to make it/ Redirect HOLIDAYS snow option into ONE sub forum, but not the entire board?

I want to make a snow in a sub forum. Make it all wintery. TY!

Is there a way to make it/ Redirect HOLIDAYS snow option into ONE sub forum, but not the entire board?

I want to make a snow in a sub forum. Make it all wintery. TY!

Not sure how correct this is but this seems to work for me:

Find the TH Holidays template modification Initialize Holiday

change Replacement field to: (where x is your forum id)

Code:
<xf:if is="$forum.node_id == x">
    <xf:if is="$thCurrentHoliday">
    <xf:macro name="setup"
              template="thholidays_macros"
              arg-holiday="{$thCurrentHoliday}" />
</xf:if>
</xf:if>
$0

Now when you activate the Christmas theme it only shows in that forum.

Last edited:
I don't know what I did to my 'New Post' button at the front page on my forum
Where do I find it? 🙃 I've been looking everywhere, but it is nowhere to be found

Thanx

skjermbilde-2023-01-13-kl-20-26-57-png.279983

I don't know what I did to my 'New Post' button at the front page on my forum
Where do I find it? 🙃 I've been looking everywhere, but it is nowhere to be found

Thanx

skjermbilde-2023-01-13-kl-20-26-57-png.279983
I guess I'm confused.. It looks like you're looking at a node page, not the front page, unless that page is generated by an addon. You appear to be missing the "Follow" button, not the "New Post" button if that's the case, but that could just be a permissions issue.

Also, this is for the Holidays addon, but you're using the Gift theme :) That thread can be found here.

I think you're still getting confused between different addons and themes. This is the thread for the Holidays addon, but the issue you are having is with a theme, and not one of ours. The Holidays addon that this thread is for is nothing to do with your issue.

I've found a bug. Seems to me a date bug.
I had set Easter to start at April 9th with end date April 11th.
My server time is correct it's April 8th today. But the Holidays addon started the Easter converson today, so on the 8th. That is a day early.

Does it not look at the server clock?

It has always done that, based on UK time. My solution was to change the CRON to run at 1am in MY time, instead of once per hour.

Last edited:
My solution was to change the CRON to run at 1am in my time.
Oke but shouldn't it start at 00.00 hours UK time then? In the UK it's also april 8th and should not run in any way, I don't mind the hour difference.

No easter effects.
Hmmz odd. Here it's running.
Server time is April 8th, so I have no clue as to why it's already running on my side.

I'm not sure, but it has always done this. It would switch 5 hours before zulu time for me (we are EST or GMT -5), regardless of my server setting. Changing it to once per day at 1am has always fixed it :)

I only did 1am because of daylight savings time. Half of the year it would run at 00, the rest at 01.

Top Bottom