[TH] Holidays

[TH] Holidays 2.1.3

No permission to download
yea it runs things 3 hours early for me, too. (server time, not my time zone) A cron looks at it hourly. I wonder if a setting could be added for a time offset adjustment... or to use same setting as the forum?

Last edited:
Hello ThemeHouse. Just installed your Holiday add-on...works great...thanks very much!:)

Definitely thinking about adding some holidays. I see in the admin area where to add holidays...and how to customize the background images in the "Stying" area.

One question...how can "Effects" be added for additional holidays?

Not sure what time it follows.
My CentOS Server, PHP, MariaDB and the Forum itself are all sync and used the same timezone.

But it isn't working as intended though.
Halloween supposed to end 1 hour ago (Nov 1) but it isn't.

For me at least, it seems to follow GMT (Zulu time) So it turns things on 5 hours prematurely, and off 5 hours prematurely.

LOVE this add-on otherwise!

I went into developer mode, changed the TH Holiday cron schedule. Instead of running every hour, I set it only to run at 4am. (which is midnight, my time). So perhaps that will "fix" the problem, in a sense, only allowing it to change the holiday at midnight.

Is there a way to modify the snowfall so that it either falls over just the header of the forum? Or displays only on the forum index? I don't want the snow effect falling over actual posts.

Hello ThemeHouse. Just installed your Holiday add-on...works great...thanks very much!:)

Definitely thinking about adding some holidays. I see in the admin area where to add holidays...and how to customize the background images in the "Stying" area.

One question...how can "Effects" be added for additional holidays?

Is there a way to modify the snowfall so that it either falls over just the header of the forum? Or displays only on the forum index? I don't want the snow effect falling over actual posts.
Both good questions although I'm gonna check with our team on them both and get back to you! :)

Random question but is it possible to have this on the home page but not within the actual threads? My users like the snow but not on every page

Thank you so much. That is great!

Has the problem been fixed, where the cron seems to switch the holidays for GMT time zone only? (regardless of the local server setting or location) It activates here 5 hours before the holidays, because we are GMT -5, for example.

I kind of (hack) fixed it here by changing the cron so it only runs once per day, instead of hourly.

Reactions: rdn
Cannot continue the upgrade :(

• Error: Class 'Carbon\Carbon' not found
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Entity/Holiday.php:116

PHP:
Server error log
Error: Class 'Carbon\Carbon' not found src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Entity/Holiday.php:116
Generated by: Admin Dec 16, 2020 at 12:47 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Repository/Holiday.php(76): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Entity\Holiday->isActive()
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Repository/Holiday.php(54): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Repository\Holiday->getCurrentHoliday()
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Entity/Holiday.php(189): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Repository\Holiday->setCurrentHoliday()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1266): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Entity\Holiday->_postSave()
#4 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Setup.php(156): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#5 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Setup.php(136): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Setup->applyDefaultHolidays(2000091)
#6 src/XF/AddOn/AddOn.php(574): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Setup->postUpgrade(2000091, Array)
#7 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(378): XF\AddOn\AddOn->postUpgrade(Array)
#8 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(97): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->stepFinalize(Object(XF\Timer))
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->run(30)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 30)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(116): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 30)
#12 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(120): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 30)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Hampel\Geoblock\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Hampel\Geoblock\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#17 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#19 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#20 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://domain.com/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(81) "https://domain.com/admin.php?add-ons/install-from-archive-complete&batch_id=377"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["only_ids"] => string(7) "1049737"
  }
}

Cannot continue the upgrade :(

• Error: Class 'Carbon\Carbon' not found
  • src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Entity/Holiday.php:116
PHP:
Server error log
Error: Class 'Carbon\Carbon' not found src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Entity/Holiday.php:116
Generated by: Admin Dec 16, 2020 at 12:47 AM

Stack trace
#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Repository/Holiday.php(76): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Entity\Holiday->isActive()
#1 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Repository/Holiday.php(54): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Repository\Holiday->getCurrentHoliday()
#2 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Entity/Holiday.php(189): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Repository\Holiday->setCurrentHoliday()
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1266): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Entity\Holiday->_postSave()
#4 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Setup.php(156): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#5 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Holidays/Setup.php(136): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Setup->applyDefaultHolidays(2000091)
#6 src/XF/AddOn/AddOn.php(574): ThemeHouse\Holidays\Setup->postUpgrade(2000091, Array)
#7 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(378): XF\AddOn\AddOn->postUpgrade(Array)
#8 src/XF/Job/AddOnInstallBatch.php(97): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->stepFinalize(Object(XF\Timer))
#9 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): XF\Job\AddOnInstallBatch->run(30)
#10 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 30)
#11 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(116): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 30)
#12 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(120): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 30)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Hampel\Geoblock\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(Hampel\Geoblock\XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#17 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#18 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#19 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#20 {main}

Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://domain.com/admin.php?tools/run-job"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(3) {
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(81) "https://domain.com/admin.php?add-ons/install-from-archive-complete&batch_id=377"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["only_ids"] => string(7) "1049737"
  }
}
What version of Holidays are you updating from?

Thank you so much. That is great!

Has the problem been fixed, where the cron seems to switch the holidays for GMT time zone only? (regardless of the local server setting or location) It activates here 5 hours before the holidays, because we are GMT -5, for example.

I kind of (hack) fixed it here by changing the cron so it only runs once per day, instead of hourly.
This should have been fixed in this release although if you are still replicating it then let us know :)

Just upgraded a few minutes ago and im getting this error:

Screenshot 2020-12-15 at 4.55.43 PM.png
eta: I'm upgrading from most recent version to this newer version.

Thanks

Top Bottom