[TH] Giphy [Deleted]

Hello,

I just purchased this add-on. Not sure if it's a typo but on this thread it says version 1.0.1 Patch Level 1 but the download is 1.0.0 Patch Level 1? Either download is not updated or it's a typo in this thread. A confirmation would be great, thanks.

Hello,

I just purchased this add-on. Not sure if it's a typo but on this thread it says version 1.0.1 Patch Level 1 but the download is 1.0.0 Patch Level 1? Either download is not updated or it's a typo in this thread. A confirmation would be great, thanks.

looks like it's just a typo :)

In xF1, I used a Giphy addon that allowed for simply entering a keyword and Giphy would select a random result and enter it into the post. Would it be possible to add that?

In xF1, I used a Giphy addon that allowed for simply entering a keyword and Giphy would select a random result and enter it into the post. Would it be possible to add that?
With how the add-on is made I'm not sure if this would be able to be integrated but I'll note it down as a feature suggestion so that we can look into adding it in the future. For now, the add-on randomly picks gifs that you are able to select yourself before posting the thread.

Reading through this discussion page I am not quite sure if this add-on is compatible with the " [KL] Editor Manager " add-on. One thing is for sure, the Giphy icon/image isn't showing up on the BB code toolbar. Is there a way to get it visible and thus usable?

Does this work for XF 2.1?
No, I bought it yesterday because it is advertised to work with XenForo 2.x (one would think that means 2.1 and not 2.0.x), installed it (installs fine), and it doesn't work (doesn't show up in the editor). I contacted support and this was their response:
Hi,

This add-on is not compatible with XenForo 2.1 yet

No, I bought it yesterday because it is advertised to work with XenForo 2.x (one would think that means 2.1 and not 2.0.x)

It's only advertised as working with 2.0 as far as I'm aware:

Does it say 2.X somewhere? If so let me know and I'll get that fixed :)

In fact, it's advertised across the board on all of the add-ons on the website so I'm glad I just tested with the $10 one and not loaded my shopping cart up with all of the ones that I wanted (and will get, when compatible).

In fact, it's advertised across the board on all of the add-ons on the website so I'm glad I just tested with the $10 one and not loaded my shopping cart up with all of the ones that I wanted (and will get, when compatible).
Sorry about that, we really don't have a great way to update this internally, something we can work on. For now, happy to either refund or I expect we'll have this upgraded before the end of the year.

Reactions: frm
View attachment 190903

Requirements: XenForo 2.x

Source: https://www.themehouse.com/xenforo/2/addons/giphy

To me, that means 2.1 and not 2.0.x.

Yep, you're right. We must've missed that when 2.1 was announced. We're updating them now!

For what it's worth, the upgrade for 2.1 with Giphy should be relatively minor, so we should have a version that supports both 2.0 and 2.1 shortly depending on the exact changes required due to the changes to the editor in XF 2.1

Reactions: frm
Reading through this discussion page I am not quite sure if this add-on is compatible with the " [KL] Editor Manager " add-on. One thing is for sure, the Giphy icon/image isn't showing up on the BB code toolbar. Is there a way to get it visible and thus usable?

Any idea if this is causing the problem?

This indeed is supported as I just tried it on our demo, just navigate to Toolbar layout (be sure you have the [KL] Editor Manager /Editor & BB Code Manager add-on installed) before looking for a button that shows a broken image icon. Place that on the toolbar before saving. From there it will show on your toolbar with the Giphy icon image instead. Clicking on it will allow you to search for a GIF before using it on the thread.

Top Bottom