[TH] Friends [Deleted]

So, is this version running on big boards? Is it possible to upgrade from Jons AddOn?

Oh, and since i'm the original funder, do i have to buy this again?

So, is this version running on big boards? Is it possible to upgrade from Jons AddOn?
The issue was the rebuilding of the mutual friends aspect of the addon. That has been removed and there were also some minor fixes.

If you experience any issues on a big board let us know immediately and we'll fix it :)

Great, thanks a lot.

So just to be clear, right now the Friends AddOn from Waindigo is installed (1.1.0) in my forum. Is it possible to upgrade or should i deinstall the old addon first? What about the current friendships?

Great, thanks a lot.

So just to be clear, right now the Friends AddOn from Waindigo is installed (1.1.0) in my forum. Is it possible to upgrade or should i deinstall the old addon first? What about the current friendships?
You need to use https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-install-and-upgrade.2035/ and simply go to the Waindigo addon and choose upgrade, then select the ThemeHouse Friends zip and it will upgrade to the new version while retaining all database information :)

Is it a must to have th-install-and-upgrade add-on form upgrading from Waindigo add-on?

Is it possible just to download this add-on, upload file and upgrade add-ons in admin?

Thanks a lot!
Yes but you can remove the install and upgrade addon afterwards.

Yes but you can remove the install and upgrade addon afterwards.

I just don't want to install yet one more add-on.
My forum is fairly new with only few connections. If I uninstall old add-on and install this new one, will it create any issues?

BTW: Thanks a lot for working on this add-on. As I mentioned before charging $100 for type of add-on is fair and we want to support developers so that they can provide support. $10 for this add-on may not justify developers time.

I bought this yesterday and it is a great addition to build a community.

There are some suggestions for improvement/fix.
  1. Member View Sidebar: HTML markup of the two blocks "Friends" and "Mutual Friends" are not in conformity with "Following" and "Followers". That is especially true in UI.X Framework where the difference is even greater. I attached a screenshot for this.
  2. Member View "Tools" Block: Where the "Moderator Tools" are: The "Friend" link is missing the "<li></li>" tag enclosure, thus shifting to the very start of the links instead of being next to the "Follow/Unfollow" link. To be in conformity with XF standard the "Friend" link should be in a "<li></li>" tag enclosure, also to keep the correct margins with CSS.
  3. Privacy Adjustment according to "Friends" and "Mutual Friends": As far as I saw, this add-on is "only cosmetic". So you can generate a friends list but this has no influence on stuff in general. So here is my suggestion: Add the "friends" and "mutual friends" options to the privacy setup for the standard privacy settings of XF Core and* (as icing on the cake) add it to the XF MediaGallery album share functionality. *(Did not see it in Admin CP, so I guessed wrong, but it is there in the frontend...) If it is not shown in the BACKEND ACP in the user profile... I guess it is a BUG then? ;)
  4. Friends Adding Functionality: Now as soon as someone adds you, you get an alert "User XYZ added you as friend" and you are already listed in his "friends block". It would be better and more logical if you only appear on the friends list IF you confirm the friends request. Also, the alert should read: "User XYZ did send you a friend request – confirm or reject?" So you do not need to accept first and then remove him again.
  5. "Mutual" vs "Personal" Friends: As we all know "Mutual" in Facebook terms means you have the same friends with other friends. I am not quite sure how it is meant with this add-on but I sense it means you are both sending a friend request? I am not quite sure if this is an advantage. Wouldn't it be much better to have it really meaning "mutual" like in the Facebook sense? Meaning that you are friends with two users and they are also friends with each others, so they are listed in the "mutual" list... Also, it could be changed for "Personal Friends" and list all those who checkmarked "I know the user personally"...

Sidebar – Sync the HTML / CSS Classes of "Friends/Mutual Friends" with "Followers/Following"
sidebar_friends.webp

Privacy Suggestion to have "Friends" add-on make a real difference...
friends_privacy.webp
Privacy for XenForo Media Gallery Album Share
friends_albumshare.webp

Last edited:
I bought this yesterday and it is a great addition to build a community.

There are some suggestions for improvement/fix.
  1. Member View Sidebar: HTML markup of the two blocks "Friends" and "Mutual Friends" are not in conformity with "Following" and "Followers". That is especially true in UI.X Framework where the difference is even greater. I attached a screenshot for this.
  2. Member View "Tools" Block: Where the "Moderator Tools" are: The "Friend" link is missing the "<li></li>" tag enclosure, thus shifting to the very start of the links instead of being next to the "Follow/Unfollow" link. To be in conformity with XF standard the "Friend" link should be in a "<li></li>" tag enclosure, also to keep the correct margins with CSS.
  3. Privacy Adjustment according to "Friends" and "Mutual Friends": As far as I saw, this add-on is "only cosmetic". So you can generate a friends list but this has no influence on stuff in general. So here is my suggestion: Add the "friends" and "mutual friends" options to the privacy setup for the standard privacy settings of XF Core and (as icing on the cake) add it to the XF MediaGallery album share functionality.

Sidebar – Sync the HTML / CSS Classes of "Friends/Mutual Friends" with "Followers/Following"
View attachment 137590

Privacy Suggestion to have "Friends" add-on make a real difference...
View attachment 137591
Privacy for XenForo Media Gallery Album Share
View attachment 137592
We'll see what we can do!

I am sorry but I had to add #4 and #5 to my list. ;) This add-on could be a real GAME CHANGER... consider to increase the price and add those features. Or let me sponsor them.

"Mutual" vs "Personal" Friends: As we all know "Mutual" in Facebook terms means you have the same friends with other friends. I am not quite sure how it is meant with this add-on but I sense it means you are both sending a friend request? I am not quite sure if this is an advantage. Wouldn't it be much better to have it really meaning "mutual" like in the Facebook sense? Meaning that you are friends with two users and they are also friends with each others, so they are listed in the "mutual" list... Also, it could be changed for "Personal Friends" and list all those who checkmarked "I know the user personally"...
Could you explain that in more detail? I'm confused as to what you are requesting :)

Could you explain that in more detail? I'm confused as to what you are requesting :)

In Facebook "Mutual" means: you have friends that have friends with you... but I guess in the context of THIS add-on it means something different. That confused me... ;) What is the meaning of "mutual" here?

In Facebook "Mutual" means: you have friends that have friends with you... but I guess in the context of THIS add-on it means something different. That confused me... ;) What is the meaning of "mutual" here?
It means the same thing, it finds users that have the same friends as you.

The issue was the rebuilding of the mutual friends aspect of the addon. That has been removed and there were also some minor fixes.

If you experience any issues on a big board let us know immediately and we'll fix it :)
Has page output been tested/checked for slow queries?
Is there a public bug tracker available?

Top Bottom