[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
IPN has been working for a long time now.
However, from time to time I receive the following email from Paypal:

Code:
Check your server that processes instant payment confirmations (IPN) from PayPal. IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are not being received:

https://www.my_forum.ch

If you do not know this URL, you may be using a service provider that uses IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem persists, it may be that IPNs are disabled for your account.

Where/what settings need to be made?
I have a root server.

Do you use PayPal for anything else? It doesn't look like that's related to an XF payment because the URL would include payment_callback.php in it (unless you've redacted the whole URL instead of just the domain).

You can check the server error log to see if there's any issues, but otherwise the processing of payments is handled by core XF the same as it is for things like user upgrades. If there's no errors, it's possible the requests are being blocked by the server which you'd need to investigate, so check if there's anything in the Apache/Nginx error logs.

Ah, that's my private Paypal account.
I also use it for other purposes.
Is that the problem?
Then I can ignore this message?

You'll want to keep an eye on it because if too many IPNs fail then PayPal will disable it and then none will work. If it's only a handful that fail and the majority work it should be fine, but ideally you'll want to try and stop it sending for payments to a URL that isn't handled.

Top Bottom