[TH] Donate

[TH] Donate 1.1.8 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Yes, entered the URL as described above.
Unfortunately it still does not work.
IPN was disabled. Now it is enabled.

If you view the payment logs in the ACP, is it logging the payment? Also check the error log to see if there’s anything there.

Sounds like the notifications aren’t making it to your server then. You may need to contact PayPal to confirm they’re being sent, or check with your host to see if they’re being blocked by anything.

Looks like one of the template replacement needs updating:

account_privacy
arg-label="{{ phrase('view_your_identities:') }}" />

should be

arg-label="{{ phrase('view_your_identities') }}" />

If you're still not seeing any sort of notification anywhere in XF, then it still does not seem like they are making it to XF. I have tested the addon and it is working fine.

You'll need to do the following:
  • Review your server access log to confirm you see requests to payment_callback.php
  • Try purchasing something else on the forum like a user upgrade - the donations are created in the payment callback the same way as user upgrades are, so see if the upgrade gets applied
If you cannot see any requests in the access logs or user upgrades also do not get applied, then that will prove it is not an issue with Donate, and is either still a PayPal issue, or an issue with your server.

Where is the best place to find the "server access log for payment_callback.php" ?
I can't find anything in the syslog and apache2 log.

I don't know anything about the setup of the server to know where it will be unfortunately. If you're unsure where it is it may be easier to just try the user upgrade approach.

So still seems that something happened at that point as we’ve been using the addon successfully for some time.

If you test with a user upgrade, you will be able able to confirm the issue affects all payments.

Paid user upgrades is a core XF feature that also uses the payments system, you can set one up and then purchase it on the front and confirm the upgrade gets applied.

As I am 99% sure this issue is not related to the addon and is imply that payments are not being processed by your board, you may be better posting in the general support and troubleshooting forum to diagnose why they payments are not being received.

I found the bug!!!
TLSv1.2 must be enabled.
I had only TLSv1.3 enabled.
Edit (in my case Debian with Apache2):
/etc/apache2/mods-available/ssl.conf
SSLProtocol all -SSLv3 -TLSv1 -TLSv1.1 +TLSv1.2
Now the IPN is received :D

Last edited:
How do I not show ads on the donate page? It would be the template

edit. Never mind. Trial and error. Found it.

thdonate_campaign_view

Last edited:
Top Bottom