[TH] DataTables BB Code [Deleted]

I don't believe (@silence can answer for sure) this uses any BB Code other than the [table] tag that wraps the entire table, for the most part it's either comma or pipe (|) separated for columns, and you separate rows with a new line

What is meant is that it would be easy for members to click a table button to have a starting point. i.e.
Code:
[TABLE] | 
| 
[/TABLE]
Which is the minimum code you need for a table.

For me personally it is understandable, but for some members incomprehensible. So I thought that there might be a button with how many rows and columns the table should look like. In our old forum this function is so far in there. See Screenshot

Attachments

• Unbenannt.webp
    Unbenannt.webp
    25.8 KB · Views: 17
It's just a comma separated list, so you would use something like this:

Code:
[table]
Col 1, Col 2, Col 3
Value 1, Value 2, Value 3
Value 5, Value 5, Value 6
[/table]

I'm not 100% sure, will have to look into exactly what is required as I'm not entirely familiar with the add-on, Ellison has handled any issues with it for the most part since we've gotten it. I'm assuming it's a relatively simple process as it's really just a jQuery plugin I believe but will take a look to be sure :)

I'm not 100% sure, will have to look into exactly what is required as I'm not entirely familiar with the add-on, Ellison has handled any issues with it for the most part since we've gotten it. I'm assuming it's a relatively simple process as it's really just a jQuery plugin I believe but will take a look to be sure :)
Any update, Jake, please?

Hello,

for my part, I only used the BBCode, which I see as more important than the jQuery plugin, to be honest ...

What i really miss are "percentages" for the cols;
with a name and a picture i got different pictures sizes at the mobile, because the cells are wide like the name
Anja - Deborah.

Any idea to fix this?

The third party library that this add-on uses has everything to fully customize each individual table. But TH told me that this is out of scope for this add-on.

What i dont like is the line-break for a new tr;
for short text it is perfekt like it is, but for pictures, text and link it is a hard work.
I need around ten minutes not for two tables, 15 pictures and 15 names.

With another "char" to divide, i could let space between the lines and do it easier.

Is it possible to:

1. cols=x
for example i want the header in one colum

2. can i set with for cols?

3. How i can get rid of showing column 1, column 2 ... without having an own head?

==> nohead

Last edited:
Hi - do you plan to update this for xf2?
Any updates about this? :)

Top Bottom