[TH] Covers [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

[TH] Covers - Customise your content and make it unique

What does this add-on do?

[TH] Covers will allow covers to be set at various locations throughout your XenForo board. It allows for a large amount of customization to allow for every user to express themselves.

How do I use it?
We have complete documentation available for this add-on here.

Features:
  • Supports static and animated images
  • Allows users to set a color for their cover with or...

Read more about this resource...

Pre-sales question - is it possible to change the cover of another member?

Reason I ask is I currently am using another add-on for profile covers, most likely I'd be bringing them across manually on behalf of each member.

Looking at the screenshots I did notice a Moderator Tools in the corner, maybe in here?

png.144471

Pre-sales question - is it possible to change the cover of another member?

Reason I ask is I currently am using another add-on for profile covers, most likely I'd be bringing them across manually on behalf of each member.

Looking at the screenshots I did notice a Moderator Tools in the corner, maybe in here?

png.144471
Yeah we will do that!

That would be awesome @silence , it's the only thing stopping me from trying out your new Material theme.

As you can imagine having two different add-ons for profile covers at the same time is a show stopper.

Good to see it's being developed. I have a suggestion though, since you allow users to choose a color background, think about the ability (for users) to add custom text too. So this would work as:
  • Choose background color (which is already there)
  • Add text (with option to choose a Font-family, Font size and color)
and save it. The cover will display the text on colored background.

Last edited:
Found the following error message this morning in ACP:
Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: input - library/ThemeHouse/Covers/ControllerPublic/Covers.php:48
Generated By: lizzy, Today at 9:27 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/ThemeHouse/Covers/ControllerPublic/Covers.php(48): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/axel/publ...', 48, Array)
#1 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): ThemeHouse_Covers_ControllerPublic_Covers->actionSave()
#2 /home/axel/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/axel/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "http://mainecoon.nl/forum/covers/profile/5034/save"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["cover_date"] => string(1) "0"
    ["cover_color"] => string(7) "#e91e63"
    ["cover_crop_x"] => string(1) "0"
    ["cover_crop_y"] => string(1) "0"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(26) "/forum/members/lizzy.5034/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

pre-sale:

Does this allow you to make a cover for a new thread?
So users and upload, or choose from a variety of pre-set covers to make the initial post in a thread look nicer?

Looks like a cool addon, but I feel like $20 USD for a cover addon is a little too much.
Just sharing my though, Good luck with sales:)

What file formats are allowed?? I tried uploading a gif then went to no image found... Also I set my group to allow all but it still makes me have to moderate myself...

If there are rules to the image loader it needs those rules where people can see them in the image loader location like size and file types allowed.

@Mike Creuzer @ThemeHouse is there an easy way to implement the covers Member card on forumhome to use covers like on Material - but for Abyss?
Pretty much just need to grab the code and mark-up out, but of course that spans quite a few files so its hard to list. And it may not be seamless. Probably something we could do for a half hour labor, feel free to create a ticket if you want us to do it. If you are tackling it yourself, let me know and Ill answer any questions if you get stuck :)

What file formats are allowed?? I tried uploading a gif then went to no image found... Also I set my group to allow all but it still makes me have to moderate myself...

If there are rules to the image loader it needs those rules where people can see them in the image loader location like size and file types allowed.
Sorry I missed this. Tagging @silence

The covers image processing rules follow the same as avatars, so if you can use it for an avatar, it will work for covers.

It allows for these image types:
Code:
IMAGETYPE_GIF, IMAGETYPE_JPEG, IMAGETYPE_PNG

It will also use either GD or Imagick based on the option you have set on your board for normal images :)

Top Bottom