[TH] Covers [Deleted]

Outstanding! Glad [TH] Covers was exactly what you were looking for! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let us know here or by creating a ticket.

I sure will. Do you give any type of discounts of multiple buys? I may be buying several of you add-ons in the very near future. Thanks again!

I assume you mean an XF2 version. :p

You will be my personal AI Ozzy :ROFLMAO:

Tasks:
  • Harassing AMP developers every monday for a XF2 release
  • Posting at XenBlog thread every monday asking for a release date
  • Whenever someone comments on XenBlog thread, quote and show them how TH is lazy on XenBlog

totally digging this addon, but it's missing one thing i used to have in xen-factory's cover addon, which is the ability to add covers on the forum_view template! any chance this could be added?

totally digging this addon, but it's missing one thing i used to have in xen-factory's cover addon, which is the ability to add covers on the forum_view template! any chance this could be added?
I've started a private conversation with you to better understand what you're looking for! :)

We have this functionality in our Nodes add-on. We kept it separate since nodes information was used elsewhere, and this was mainly for 'user generated' covers, rather than something coming from the administrator. If users could set their own backgrounds for nodes, then this would make sense, but ultimately we felt users would not want to set images on nodes, that type of customization (imo) should be left to the administrator.

ETA: just noticed this was for XF1. Same story with XenForo 1 but in this case we put the customization of nodes into our theme UI.X. We thought this was wrong, so switched it in XenForo 2. Long story short, we do not have support for Node background images without UI.X theme.

We have this functionality in our Nodes add-on. We kept it separate since nodes information was used elsewhere, and this was mainly for 'user generated' covers, rather than something coming from the administrator. If users could set their own backgrounds for nodes, then this would make sense, but ultimately we felt users would not want to set images on nodes, that type of customization (imo) should be left to the administrator.

ETA: just noticed this was for XF1. Same story with XenForo 1 but in this case we put the customization of nodes into our theme UI.X. We thought this was wrong, so switched it in XenForo 2. Long story short, we do not have support for Node background images without UI.X theme.

sorry guys i think you both misinterpreted what i was saying. i was not referring to XF1. what i was saying is that TH Covers is missing the ability to add covers to forums/categories/pages. I am not talking about node backgrounds. the following screen shots illustrate what i am talking about:

screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018.06.22-13-18-22.webp screenshot-squattheplanet.com-2018.06.22-13-20-35.webp

the first screen shot shows a forum node there is no option to add a cover here.

the second screen shot shows a forum thread as you can see, I'm using the TH Covers addon to add a cover to this thread.

xen-factory's extended covers addon enables this funcionality:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfa-extended-cover.4656/

but, that is for XF1, and I have just moved to XF2, which is why I am now using TH Covers.

If we could add the option to add covers (not backgrounds) to forums/categories/pages in TH Covers, i feel the addon would be feature complete :)

Hope that clarifies things!

Ah this is a XenForo 1 product, hence my confusion. The XenForo 2 product is over here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/th-covers.6493/

That said, our Nodes will do what you ask but only admins can do it. They edit it from the ACP, but same idea. We probably need some more robust documentation on that. We decided the 'Covers' add-ons are for USER-covers, not admin ones. If you want users to edit forum/category/pages etc its probably not something we're going to build.

But yeah, between our Nodes add-on and our Covers add-on, it should do everything you'd want to do otherwise.

@Mike Creuzer @Dalton Prock okay, i feel like we're having a massive miscommunication here.

That said, our Nodes will do what you ask but only admins can do it.

i've installed this addon and there is no place that i can find in which i can upload covers to forums. unless there's something im missing here i think you're again misinterpreting what i'm asking here, which is pretty simple; the abilty to upload a cover image for forums and categories.

that's it. nothing about backgrounds or anything that has to do with the nodes addon. there is absolutely no reason you can't add the ability to upload cover images to forums and categories. with this covers addon, you've already made it possible to do it in threads and profiles, so adding the ability to do it on forums and categories should be fairly straight forward and not difficult. the reason i pointed out the xen-factory addon from xf1 was to show that this is very possible and again, not difficult to implement.

if it's an issue of letting users or admins do it, simply add a user permission to the addon to control that. that is exactly what the xen-factory addon from xf1 does. here's the way covers looked in forums and categories via the xen-factory addon in xf1 on my site:

screenshot-web.archive.org-2018.06.24-11-51-20.webp

as you can see, the cover is at the top of the list of threads in that forum. i can't believe it would be that difficult to add the same code used by this addon to the page that displays a list of threads in forums.

Top Bottom