[TH] Covers [Deleted]

What JS file is missing? I was intending on purchasing this, this evening. Not so sure now.

@Dalton Prock is this a show stopper?
It is not any longer as it was resolved in this release.

My bad. Is now showing on TH nodes for some reason :cautious:
I've responded to your ticket in relation to this issue although after testing this on many of our demos we aren't able to replicate it anymore.

Can confirm.
Update: This particular issue is fixed after also upgrading the Nodes add-on.

And no mention of these errors... I now cannot use this add-on since December.
None of these were replicated when testing on our demos I'm afraid although I did review each to see if they were replicatable. If you replicate them on this latest version then let us know and we'll check again and thereafter fix them.

When opening the cover browser the list is empty but has 40 pages (for me); refreshing the page results in less pages being available in the pagination. After refreshing 40 times the pagination is gone and still no covers visible.
I tested this with the latest version that was released and wasn't able to replicate any empty pages from what you mention.

Cover presets cannot be selected in user profiles anymore (only custom upload)
Profile covers are no longer supported in 2.2 due to it being added to XenForo by default.

You still get aforementioned error even when you DO have the permission.
I am not able to replicate this again when using the latest version although when testing it on a past version before the one that was released today, it was replicated. Although, I did notice that my user group permissions cache wasn't operating properly which after fixing that it then ran smoothly and I was never given this error gain.

Covers were migrated successfully (albeit custom placing is lost)
Wasn't able to replicate this "albeit custom placing" that you were talking about I'm afraid.

having a little trouble deciding if i wanna upgrade this or leave it out since xen2.2

can anyone help to understand what this adds to 2.2?

thread covers im assuming......anything else?

having a little trouble deciding if i wanna upgrade this or leave it out since xen2.2

can anyone help to understand what this adds to 2.2?

thread covers im assuming......anything else?
Threads , resources covers.

Hi there. Can I make a suggestion? @Dalton Prock

After using this product for about a week - There's a few suggestions I would like to see come to fruition - Sorry if they have already been suggested.

1. When added a new cover - where you input the link to the image, it would be great if instead of having to host the image yourself/hotlink an image from elsewhere - you could upload an image via this tab.

An example -

1613848587458.webp

2. When posting a new thread/article/whatever - It would be great if you could choose and select the cover you would like to be used for that thread. Instead of having to post the thread, then going back to the thread - and selecting the cover etc.

3. One other thing that would be great - The Cover Preset modal when you select from your own gallery to apply a cover - It could do with being wider or bigger, allowing you to see much more of the covers you have in order to select one. Could a search be added too? I've named my covers according to the categories/subjects I'd like to use.

Before -
    1613848895454.webp

After-
    1613849272995.webp
I feel like these features would make the addon much more rich in functionality.

Best wishes

Hi there. Can I make a suggestion? @Dalton Prock

After using this product for about a week - There's a few suggestions I would like to see come to fruition - Sorry if they have already been suggested.

1. When added a new cover - where you input the link to the image, it would be great if instead of having to host the image yourself/hotlink an image from elsewhere - you could upload an image via this tab.

An example -

View attachment 246837

2. When posting a new thread/article/whatever - It would be great if you could choose and select the cover you would like to be used for that thread. Instead of having to post the thread, then going back to the thread - and selecting the cover etc.

3. One other thing that would be great - The Cover Preset modal when you select from your own gallery to apply a cover - It could do with being wider or bigger, allowing you to see much more of the covers you have in order to select one. Could a search be added too? I've named my covers according to the categories/subjects I'd like to use.

Before -
    View attachment 246848

After-
    View attachment 246851
I feel like these features would make the addon much more rich in functionality.

Best wishes
Hello! Thank you for supporting, Covers! I'll have a look at these with our team :)

Trying today this addon and found that with my desktop site this looks not very good, but with mobile version looks very beautiful.
Could you add setting to choose where covers will be appears on mobile or regular site.

Bought and works great but...
After upload a a test image, set up background as white, image is gray gradient Screenshot_2021-03-10 PREMIUM - Sonya Red Hot Love +447476864703.webp

In this case, background is rgba(255, 0, 0, 0)

The various issues folks have reported are making us a bit nervous as we prepare to upgrade to 2.2. That being said, I can't say we're surprised given that we have XF core directly copying the add-on in part here...

@Dalton Prock @Lukas W. Thanks for chiming in to help folks with this. Just want to confirm that the current recommended upgrade pathway for folks on 2.1 and with a 2.1-compatible version of Covers would be to:
  1. Disable the Covers add-on
  2. Upgrade XF to 2.2
  3. Upgrade the Covers add-on to the latest patched release
  4. Re-enable the Covers add-on

That's exactly what we did, and we still ended up with a "stuck" upgrade of the add-on (going from 1.0.4 PL 2 to 1.1.1 PL2). We opened a ticket.

@mattrogowski Getting lot of Server error log after upgraded to PHP 8.0.6 from 7.4.19

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "cover_styling" on null src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Listener/TemplaterSetup.php:293

Generated by: Unknown account May 17, 2021 at 2:48 PM

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Listener/TemplaterSetup.php(293): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 293)
#1 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\Covers\Listener\TemplaterSetup::fnCoverStyling(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), true, Object(ThemeHouse\Notifier\XF\Entity\Thread), 'l')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1105): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s6/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1756): XF\Template\Templater->func('thcovers_cover_...', Array, true)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1628): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#5 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array, true, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(562): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('public:PAGE_CON...', Array)
#7 src/XF/App.php(2142): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(ThemeHouse\StyleSwitch\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\App->renderPage('

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(ThemeHouse\StyleSwitch\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#10 src/XF/App.php(2337): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#11 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#12 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(13) "/threads/931/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "cover_image" on null src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Listener/TemplaterSetup.php:271

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Listener/TemplaterSetup.php(271): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 271)
#1 [internal function]: ThemeHouse\Covers\Listener\TemplaterSetup::fnCoverStyling(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), true, Object(ThemeHouse\Notifier\XF\Entity\Thread), 'l')
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s6/public/PAGE_CONTAINER.php(1756): XF\Template\Templater->func('thcovers_cover_...', Array, true)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1628): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, NULL)
#5 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('PAGE_CONTAINER', Array, true, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Pub/App.php(562): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('public:PAGE_CON...', Array)

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(ThemeHouse\StyleSwitch\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(ThemeHouse\StyleSwitch\XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@mattrogowski Getting lot of Server error log after upgraded to PHP 8.0.6 from 7.4.19

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "cover_styling" on null src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Listener/TemplaterSetup.php:293

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Listener/TemplaterSetup.php(293): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 293)

#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_WARNING] Attempt to read property "cover_image" on null src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Listener/TemplaterSetup.php:271

Stack trace

#0 src/addons/ThemeHouse/Covers/Listener/TemplaterSetup.php(271): XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, '[E_WARNING] Att...', '/home/nadda/pub...', 271)

#13 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Thanks for reporting these, I'll try and get these fixed this week.

I've been a bit backed up for the last week or two, I have a backlog of addon updates to finish up and release, which will all happen as soon as I can do them :)

Top Bottom