[TH] Covers [Deleted]

yep thats exactly what we did from 2.1.....

i am confused what everyone is saying tho....you list a bunch of problems, someone else says its not perfect but nothing major messing up...you said you were able to migrate ok, but this last post you are talking about how to restore covers....none of this should be this complicated and should have been sorted by now i feel...

maybe an ETA and a bit of clarity on the current status(ok to upgrade or wait, consequences etc) at the least? @Dalton Prock
My best suggestion when upgrading Covers or any other add-on to be safely set up a staging board and upgrade there. Check everything out and if everything is green, then upgrade your public board. If something pops then report it within a ticket or here.

Yeah, that was me too. I didn't see these problems just a few hours after the migration was (seemingly) successful. Turned out it was not and hence I listed those problems.

Yeah, that's what I think, too.

But according to TH, this is "unusual" (well, it appears all of the problems reported are) and not to be reproduced?

Let's see what the response is after I, provably, am suffering from those problems and have clarified my settings.
Apologies for the delay on this due to the holidays, I'll see about setting up a board and see if I'm able to replicate these issues thereafter.

My best suggestion when upgrading Covers or any other add-on to be safely set up a staging board and upgrade there. Check everything out and if everything is green, then upgrade your public board. If something pops then report it within a ticket or here.

Apologies for the delay on this due to the holidays, I'll see about setting up a board and see if I'm able to replicate these issues thereafter.
I was able to replicate these and get them added to our issue tracker, thanks for the report :) They will be reviewed and fixed within our next release :)

Thanks for the relieving response. Will the upgrade contain any "restore" functionality for already-existing covers? or are they gone?

Thanks for the update - any chance to resolve this?
Upgraded - and still receiving the "You are not allowed to view this cover"-modal....... Even with moderator permissions enabled:
1610529901056.png

It works when granting "View thread covers", though. Still inconclusive. Either show the button or hide it. But don't show it just to display a modal refusing access.

Thanks for the update - any chance to resolve this?
Upgraded - and still receiving the "You are not allowed to view this cover"-modal....... Even with moderator permissions enabled:
View attachment 244017

It works when granting "View thread covers", though. Still inconclusive. Either show the button or hide it. But don't show it just to display a modal refusing access.
Taking a look and discussing this will our team - during QA we were able to get moderator permissions to work fine but we will double-check this again and update you thereafter.

@Lukas W. Still not fixed this issue with this update. Also File health check results.

View attachment 244013
Apologies, our team has been notified.

What is the behaviour with og open graph cover images? If I enable that option, and use covers on articles - will the cover be used as the of open graph image?

Is there a way to display the cover image as the article preview image?

Thanks

@Dalton Prock

What is the behaviour with og open graph cover images? If I enable that option, and use covers on articles - will the cover be used as the of open graph image?

Is there a way to display the cover image as the article preview image?

Thanks

@Dalton Prock
That is correct! When enabling that option cover images will be embedded as Open Graph meta information which will be displayed on social media sites.

No, Covers doesn't touch the article preview images. You'd have to set those yourself when creating an article thread. This is explained in this article by the XenForo team.

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Covers with a new update entry:

1.1.1 Patch Level 1 Released

Changes:
  • Fixed an issue that caused a notification to show on ACP about missing JS files
  • Fixed an issue that caused the "Covers" button to be placed incorrectly
  • Fixed an issue that caused the "Covers" button to show on the right instead of the left
  • Fixed an issue that caused Open Graph images to not work for both resources and threads
  • Fixed an issue that caused the "Cover" buttons markup to not look the same across all pages
  • Added a change that hides the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom