[TH] Conversation Search [Deleted]

Is there a way to get the search box up in the top right corner to search conversations when the user is in their inbox or reading a conversation?

Code:
[04-Sep-2013 04:40:37 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Dark_PostRating_Model_Conversation::getConversationMessagesSearchResultsForUserByIds() in /var/www/forum/htdocs/library/Waindigo/ConvSearch/Search/DataHandler/ConversationMessage.php on line 136
[04-Sep-2013 04:42:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method Dark_PostRating_Model_Conversation::getConversationsSearchResultsForUserByIds() in /var/www/forum/htdocs/library/Waindigo/ConvSearch/Search/DataHandler/Conversation.php on line 102
hi, we get lots of these since updated to X1.2, a comp issue with Post Ratings ?

It looks like this "steals" the conversation content types and associates it with this add-on. As such, it breaks several things if the add-on is disabled -- conversation attachments being the most obvious. I assume this is resolved on uninstallation. If not, that's even more significant.

It looks like this "steals" the conversation content types and associates it with this add-on. As such, it breaks several things if the add-on is disabled -- conversation attachments being the most obvious. I assume this is resolved on uninstallation. If not, that's even more significant.
Content types aren't disabled with add-ons are they? I thought they continued to work. This is actually quite annoying because I had to write some code in the search handler to check whether itself was disabled.

Content types are disabled with add-ons. (I believe this was changed with 1.2.)

The problem you are referring to was patched in April in 1.0.0a. This add-on no longer "steals" the content type for Conversations.

The patch wasn't retrospective. Also, the query required to resolve any issues can be found here for the 20 or so users who downloaded the very first version of this add-on and may have installed it on a production server and subsequently uninstalled it:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/conversation-search-by-waindigo.48829/#post-525788

I have edited the post to reflect changes made in XenForo 1.2.

Content types are disabled with add-ons. (I believe this was changed with 1.2.)
I wasn't aware of this change, so I will post an update including an extra query on installation to "un-steal" the content type if it has been stolen. I probably should have done this anyway.

Waindigo updated Conversation Search by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 released

Bug fixes:
  • Retrospectively fixes a bug in version 1.0.0 of this add-on (fixed in 1.0.0a) that breaks conversation functionality if the add-on is disabled in XenForo 1.2 or is uninstalled in any version of XenForo. If you installed the very first version of this add-on, it is highly recommended that you upgrade to this version.
    If you installed the very first version and subsequently uninstalled this add-on, please read the post...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Very nice.

It is necessary to search in the forum on a combination of parameters such as users, period, category themes (in the list or not list).
Each topic should be able to install multiple categories, or you can use a set of prefixes. In the prefix will be the main topic category or prefix.
thanks.

This add-on is for conversations only. It doesn't have anything to do with topics or categories.

Waindigo updated Conversation Search by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.4 released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixed bug that clicking on the title of a conversation (not a conversation message) in search results produces a 'The requested conversation could not be found' error if you are not participating in that conversation. Note that this bug only occurs if you have Conversations Access by Waindigo installed since it requires the ability to view other members' conversations.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Wow this was a really bad idea. Members think anyone can see their conversations now. Can you remove this from our profile page when a member view "all content"

Wow this was a really bad idea. Members think anyone can see their conversations now. Can you remove this from our profile page when a member view "all content"
I'll look into it. It is core XenForo behaviour to put all of a user's content that is available in the search on the "all content" page, so this would mean adding some sort of condition to that page. Are you able to contribute towards this?

Can this add-on be limited to use by certain UGs only? And can I get the version that only allows searches by the user, and does not have the search all user conversations for admin?

Perhaps a simple solution would be to change the text displayed "Conversation Message" to "Conversation Message (Private)", how could this be done?

Also I have just installed this add-on and it seems pretty good thanks, except I can't see how to jump straight to that message result in the conversation or at least preview the entire message?

I have conversations that are many pages long that I would like to search through to find specific messages. I thought this add-on would be able to do that, but it only seems to be able to narrow it down to the entire conversation.. or am I wrong? Clicking the search result just takes me to the start of the conversation.

Also I have just installed this add-on and it seems pretty good thanks, except I can't see how to jump straight to that message result in the conversation or at least preview the entire message?

I have conversations that are many pages long that I would like to search through to find specific messages. I thought this add-on would be able to do that, but it only seems to be able to narrow it down to the entire conversation.. or am I wrong? Clicking the search result just takes me to the start of the conversation.
This is not currently possible.

Top Bottom