1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TH] Alphabetical Pagination [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by Jon W, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Alphabetical Pagination by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - When sorting by title, select a letter to jump straight to the appropriate page.

Read more about this resource...

2. Matthew2D

Matthew2D Active Member

Can you make this for member list?

mcatze, erich37 and GMS like this.
  3. Volion

Volion Active Member

Nice, noticed that I have to click on the next letter to get the one I'm looking for, ergo; to get threads starting with (T) I have to click on (U) and so on.

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Yeah same here.

5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

I am keen to make this work in as many places as possible. Currently waiting for someone to contribute for this. Morgain has already kindly agreed to contribute towards adding this for the Library add-on.

Are you sure there is not a post beginning with T at the bottom of the first page it takes you to? If not, I apologise and will fix soon.

6. Volion

Volion Active Member

Yeah there probably was, however the expected result from a user would be the same as having to click U to get the T's at the top of the list. After 20 or so conversations explaining, I disabled it for now.

7. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

Any way to add these on specific forums? :)

bogus likes this.
  8. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

I am more than happy to add this feature (which would not take long), but I am a commercial developer so someone would need to contribute towards this. Please start a private conversation with me if you are interested.

Chad likes this.
  9. Mr. Goodie2Shoes

Mr. Goodie2Shoes Well-Known Member

sorry man... I am totally broken :(

10. bogus

bogus Guest

Is it possible to have the Alphabetical somewhere else then under Page Navigation?

11. Raydianze

Raydianze Member

Same problem... does not jump correctly to the letter!
    >>>Nice, noticed that I have to click on the next letter to get the one I'm looking for, ergo; to get threads starting with (T) I have to click on (U) and so on.
    ------- hope! you can improve this!

12. Luxus

Luxus Well-Known Member

I just noticed this addon for the first time and immediately an "Alphabetical Pagination by Waindigo" addon enhancement with support for the members list poped up in my mind.

13. Veer

Veer Well-Known Member

I duplicate this, as it is not jumping correctly. I clicked on T and it shows a thread with S. Tested many other letters and found incorrectly displaying threads.

14. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

This is by design. It jumps to the first page that has an entry starting with that letter. So if you are showing 20 entries on a page and the 20th entry starts with a T, then that is the page it will jump to when you press T.

I appreciate that this is not the most intuitive, but doing it any other way would cause other problems.

15. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Does this work with the resource manager ?

16. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Nope. If you are interested in contributing to this, please PM me. Although you may want to bear in mind some of the comments above in relation to this way of alphabetising pages. I may release another add-on in future that uses a different methodology.

17. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

18. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

This is sorely needed in the resource manager.

Jon W likes this.
  19. santamo

santamo Active Member

And in utf-8.

20. dvsDave

dvsDave Well-Known Member

I would help contribute towards an update that would allow for this to be active on a per-forum basis.

Chad likes this.