[TH] Alphabetical Pagination [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Alphabetical Pagination by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - When sorting by title, select a letter to jump straight to the appropriate page.

For forums with more than one page of threads, this add-on adds a list of alphabetical links to jump straight to the the page showing threads starting with that letter.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-Waindigo_AlPag.xml file.

Licence and support:

Distributed free for non-commercial use only. Please contact Waindigo to licence for commercial use. All...

Read more about this resource...

Nice, noticed that I have to click on the next letter to get the one I'm looking for, ergo; to get threads starting with (T) I have to click on (U) and so on.

Can you make this for member list?
I am keen to make this work in as many places as possible. Currently waiting for someone to contribute for this. Morgain has already kindly agreed to contribute towards adding this for the Library add-on.

Nice, noticed that I have to click on the next letter to get the one I'm looking for, ergo; to get threads starting with (T) I have to click on (U) and so on.
Yeah same here.
Are you sure there is not a post beginning with T at the bottom of the first page it takes you to? If not, I apologise and will fix soon.

Yeah there probably was, however the expected result from a user would be the same as having to click U to get the T's at the top of the list. After 20 or so conversations explaining, I disabled it for now.

Any way to add these on specific forums? :)
I am more than happy to add this feature (which would not take long), but I am a commercial developer so someone would need to contribute towards this. Please start a private conversation with me if you are interested.

Is it possible to have the Alphabetical somewhere else then under Page Navigation?

Same problem... does not jump correctly to the letter!
>>>Nice, noticed that I have to click on the next letter to get the one I'm looking for, ergo; to get threads starting with (T) I have to click on (U) and so on.
------- hope! you can improve this!

I just noticed this addon for the first time and immediately an "Alphabetical Pagination by Waindigo" addon enhancement with support for the members list poped up in my mind.

Same problem... does not jump correctly to the letter!
>>>Nice, noticed that I have to click on the next letter to get the one I'm looking for, ergo; to get threads starting with (T) I have to click on (U) and so on.
------- hope! you can improve this!
I duplicate this, as it is not jumping correctly. I clicked on T and it shows a thread with S. Tested many other letters and found incorrectly displaying threads.

I duplicate this, as it is not jumping correctly. I clicked on T and it shows a thread with S. Tested many other letters and found incorrectly displaying threads.
This is by design. It jumps to the first page that has an entry starting with that letter. So if you are showing 20 entries on a page and the 20th entry starts with a T, then that is the page it will jump to when you press T.

I appreciate that this is not the most intuitive, but doing it any other way would cause other problems.

Does this work with the resource manager ?
Nope. If you are interested in contributing to this, please PM me. Although you may want to bear in mind some of the comments above in relation to this way of alphabetising pages. I may release another add-on in future that uses a different methodology.

I would help contribute towards an update that would allow for this to be active on a per-forum basis.

Top Bottom