Text shadow on tab links

Trombones13

I like it! :D

XF Navtab Shadow.webp

Glad to see the change, since it's something I had already implemented in my theme. :)

p.s. we need a "I like this new XF thing!" thread...this doesn't really need a whole thread, haha :P

No gradient helps

Not to endlessly chew it over, but obviously the fact that the background on the links has a gradient also play a part in the readability of those white coloured text links.

See the difference:

gradient.webp
no gradient.webp

... which actually doesn't look bad at all. In fact, I think I might prefer a non-gradient not only because of the benefits of the readability of the links, but it also improves the look&feel of XF a little bit I think (for me). I feel the colour-sheme of the gradient and for example the background colour of the Members Online Now block makes XF (those areas) somehow look a little bit 'cheapish'. But it might be my monitor settings, so I am gonna experiment with that and obviously we have the Style Properties as well.

What I totally loved about for example vBulletin 3.8 was it's default style (apart from the remarkable out-of-place buttons that is). I never had the need to change it, because it looked and felt solid, strong, perfectly balanced. Very suitable for a corporate professional website, out of the box.

I find the links under a section, for example under Forums (Mark All Forums Read, Search Forums, etc...) a bit hard to read. But when I hover over them, they're fine.

Anybody else feel the same way?

Top Bottom