• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Text color template question

Robert F Schmitz

I made a custom style and now when creating a new thread, the title window's cursor is the same color as the background as well as the text entered of course. What template do I need to look in to find the variable that is assigned to the text here?

The message body text is fine. Thanks in advance.

anotheralias

delete this thread please. found it. looked for a good bit, made the post and found it.:oops:
Actually, it would be a big help if people who posed these kinds of questions and figured out the answer for themselves would post the answer in their thread instead of "delete this, I figured it out." Not that this happens a lot on here but I see it on Flash help boards all the time and it's really frustrating -- I'll think I finally found an answer to something and then the post is, "never mind - I figured it out." Well good for you - meanwhile I'm still in coding hell. lol

Robert F Schmitz

Actually, it would be a big help if people who posed these kinds of questions and figured out the answer for themselves would post the answer in their thread instead of "delete this, I figured it out." Not that this happens a lot on here but I see it on Flash help boards all the time and it's really frustrating -- I'll think I finally found an answer to something and then the post is, "never mind - I figured it out." Well good for you - meanwhile I'm still in coding hell. lol
Touché. I know exactly what you mean because I have made a post or two just like this in reply to a question before at another forum site where it seems to happen often. The problem was that had I tried to explain what I did, it wouldn't have helped anyone really because I had it all fouled up. Instead of fixing it, I started from a backup save of the style. Hence the please delete.

I try to export my style from time to time so that when it is all flubbed up, I just restore so to speak.

Thanks to Jake for making a post of something that I was unaware of. So, my apologies to get your frustration level up but in the end we both most likely learned something in the end.

anotheralias

Ah I see. :) And yeah, I have spent some hellish nights on other help forums - 50 threads in a row with "never mind I got it" or whatever. Or my next-favorite, "here's the corrected source code," and the file has been deleted. :D