XF 1.5 Text boxes sometimes do not appear

sdrothrock

This is another intermittent problem that's stumping me -- sometimes text boxes do not appear. I chalked it up to a delayed response/timeout and thought perhaps rendering templates from files would help, but it didn't.

Using cloudflare and nginx, if that's relevant.

Theme is Black Responsive, though it's happened on various other themes, including the default.

There are no javascript errors when the page is loaded without the textbox.

Last edited:
Yep, it's a known issue with RocketLoader (which I call Rocket<exp>Loader). Disable it and you should not have any issues.
If you are using the paid version (which I believe allows more exclusions) there are some on here that can provide them for you.

Yep, it's a known issue with RocketLoader (which I call Rocket<exp>Loader). Disable it and you should not have any issues.
If you are using the paid version (which I believe allows more exclusions) there are some on here that can provide them for you.

We are -- if you have rules/settings suggestions, I'd be in your debt!

We are -- if you have rules/settings suggestions, I'd be in your debt!
I don't use it myself, but you should be able do do a search on the term here and find plenty of feedback. Most people just simply turn it off as it tends to cause more headaches than it's worth keeping it tweaked.

Can I take it that the RocketLoader issue is the definitive source of the "no text box" problem, and that if anybody reports the difficulty it can be assumed they are a RocketLoader user?
In other words, there are no other causes?

Can I take it that the RocketLoader issue is the definitive source of the "no text box" problem, and that if anybody reports the difficulty it can be assumed they are a RocketLoader user?
In other words, there are no other causes?
Every time that I've seen this (and been involved with resolutions) it has been attributable to Rocket<exp>Loader. As soon as you see CloudFlare used in conjunction with this issue that is the FIRST thing to check. Needless to say, if CloudFlare is NOT used then it can be a style (outdated or modified template) issue or an add-on interfering.... but when using CloudFlare it's most likely Rocket<exp>Loader causing issues.

Top Bottom