Testing Installation

MicroHellas

Hello,

Accordong to your license agreement a Test installation is allowed but restricted to Admins and Staff. If it's an installation for demostration purposes (public, so no password protected), with only few demo accounts and restricted registrations, is a a break of rules, right?

Maria

If it's not private and is public, it's not considered a testing site by the agreement and will require a separate license, if your original license isn't in use.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, but I want to know if it's an official reply. Somehow I've been confused from your title (Active Member) and your Signature (Support XenForo). This is because it's very important for me to have an official reply. In my case Public has no so clear clear meaning (but for sure I can't use Private), as people who are visiting thar section can't register, or can't post anything in Forums. They can see only how my mods for xenForo are working. The only that they can do is to login with the demo account just to post eg a Classified. But always using the demo account.

Sorry but I can't efford buying a second license while most of my mods are free, and this is the main reason that I'm moving from vBulletin as I'll use my license for demostration. Seems that I've to do the same with XenForo? It's a pitty to pay to use something just for demo. I think IPBoard has more flexible rules on this topic as it allows public demo installation with the restriction user registration to be turn off.

Once more thank you for your time
Maria

Hello,

Accordong to your license agreement a Test installation is allowed but restricted to Admins and Staff. If it's an installation for demostration purposes (public, so no password protected), with only few demo accounts and restricted registrations, is a a break of rules, right?

Maria

Sorry, but the test installation must not be accessible to the general public, and must be password protected.

Top Bottom