Testing conversion

Tempest

So I'm doing a test conversion for one of my sites and took my staff and some beta-testers to see how they like xenForo and if they'd be willing to move over to it from IPB. I do have some concerns about this though. First of all, the IPB converter is in beta and it's not complete. Is there any estimate on when the converter will be completed? Should I wait for it? Also how hard would it be to modify the trophy system? For instance, I give an award similar to the trophy system on xenforo manually, except that these awards each have a unique image instead of numerical points (the mod is called [Pin] Awards Management System, here is how it looks - http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/2650-pin-awards-management-system/). Most of my awards are based on sharing. So, say a person shares a certain amount of encoded videos by starting a thread in the designated sharing area, would I be able to create a trophy that monitors how many threads they created in that section so that once they reach a certain amount of threads in the sharing forum, they get the trophy/award?

Also how would url redirects work? I've got 42,000+ pages indexed with google... I don't want to lose any traffic.

PS: Sorry if this should go in pre-sales. Don't think it would as I'm already a customer. o_O

HTTP 301 Redirection Scripts

Redirection scripts for IP.Board will be released shortly. They support redirection for forums, threads, posts and attachments.

So then exactly what is this? I'm a bit confused. Do I need this or will it redirect automatically if I save the import log data? Also, my IPB install directory is named /forum, would there be any negative consequence of installing xF as /forums or /community or should I install it as /forum like the existing IPB?

Where did you see the "Redirection scripts for IP.Board will be released shortly...." ?

I want to make sure everything is up to date as it should be.

Top Bottom