XF 1.5 Test install URLs in subfolder being overridden by parent folder install

Kevin

OK, I maybe missing something obvious with this one so bear with me...

I have my main install in the parent root folder. I have a test install in a subfolder two layers deep. So "/" is the parent install and (for example) "/sub/testinstall1" is a test installation.
/ (main install)
|
/sub/
|
/testinstall/
In /sub/testinstall1 I have the config.php pointing to the right database and in /sub/testinstall1/.htaccess I changed the base to the corresponding folder. I've gone into the ACP for /sub/testinstall1 and change all of the URLs to the corresponding URLs. The cookie prefixes, etc. were updated in config.php accordingly as well.

When I go to {domain} everything works fine (as expected and is the normal parent install). When I go to {domain}/sub/testinstall1 the data being shown is coming from the correct test database. All of the links in the navbar are showing as {domain}/sub/testinstall1/{link} as expected.

The problem is if I click on anything, like new posts, the URL in the browser is {domain}/sub/testinstall1/find-new/posts as expected but I get a "page not found error" and all off the links are now for the parent install at {domain} and I'm logged into the parent site.

What would I need to do so that the parent / install doesn't try to process /sub/* as a route? :unsure:

What would I need to do so that the parent / install doesn't try to process /sub/* as a route? :unsure:
OK, looks like it must be something related to my .htaccess file in /sub/testinstall1 as if I turn off friendly URLs in the test install then the URLs are working.

In /sub/testinstall1 I have the config.php pointing to the right database and in /sub/testinstall1/.htaccess I changed the base to the corresponding folder.
That's probably the problem. You generally don't need to change the RewriteBase unless you're doing things with symlinks or other non-standard things.

That's probably the problem. You generally don't need to change the RewriteBase unless you're doing things with symlinks or other non-standard things.
Mike, nice call! That seems to be the problem, thanks. Guess I got over zealous in updating all of the paths & links.

beerchug.gif

Top Bottom