1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

test forum in sub domain problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Simon, May 2, 2013.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

Hello all,

I have done a copy of my live sites files and set them up in a sub domain on a different server.

Changed dns of subdomain to point to new server.

I then dumped a copy of database on live site, imported it to a new database on new server.

Changed config.php on test server.

The problem is everytime I try to access the test forums on test.mydomain.com/community it loads my live site at mydomain.com/community

I have even tried to delete the .htacces file on test server and it still diverts to live site.

What am I doing wrong?

2. Lycaon

Lycaon Well-Known Member

If you copied the database over it probably still contains the board url settings of the main site.

3. Simon

Simon Active Member

I was able to get into the new test site from admin.php and removed the board url

I disabled the use Full Friendly URLs option in admin cp and all works fine

I then turn the Full Friendly URLs back on and it diverts again to live site.

Any ideas?

4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Does it redirect? Or does it load your live site while still showing the 'test' URL?

5. Simon

Simon Active Member

It redirect to live site. Very strange :confused:

6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It could be something in a .htaccess file. Try temporarily removing or renaming any .htaccess files to see if that fixes the problem.