1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Terms and Rules

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by tommydamic68, Dec 8, 2013.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

how do I move terms and rules in footer up next to contact us? i know its a template edit, please point in the right direction of the template to edit and even an example would be nicer.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You'll need to edit the footer template.
  3. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

I hope this helps anyone else looking for help on moving the terms and rule in a cleaner area of the footer next to other info links. The only thing you will need to change is your copyright info. Also move the RSS over to the left. I am not a coder or a pro with code so I hope I did it right. Works ok.

<ul class="footerLinks">
                <xen:hook name="footer_links">
                <li><a href="{xen:link forums/-/index.rss}" rel="alternate" class="globalFeed" target="_blank"
                        title="{xen:phrase rss_feed_for_x, 'title={$xenOptions.boardTitle}'}">{xen:phrase rss}</a></li>
                            <li><a href="http://sphynxlair.com/" class="cta_pageCopyright">&copy; Sphynxlair</a></li>
                    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'default'">
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'misc/contact'}" class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}">{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                    <xen:elseif is="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.type} === 'custom'" />
                        <li><a href="{$xenOptions.contactUrl.custom}" {xen:if {$xenOptions.contactUrl.overlay}, 'class="OverlayTrigger" data-overlayOptions="{&quot;fixed&quot;:false}"'}>{xen:phrase contact_us}</a></li>
                    <li><a href="{xen:link help}">{xen:phrase help}</a></li>
                    <xen:if is="{$homeLink}"><li><a href="{$homeLink}" class="homeLink">{xen:phrase home}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <li><a href="{$requestPaths.requestUri}#navigation" class="topLink">{xen:phrase go_to_top}</a></li>
                        <li><xen:hook name="footer_links_legal">
                    <xen:if is="{$tosUrl}"><li><a href="{$tosUrl}">{xen:phrase terms_and_rules}</a></li></xen:if>
                    <xen:if is="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}"><li><a href="{$xenOptions.privacyPolicyUrl}">{xen:phrase privacy_policy}</a></li></xen:if>
                <span class="helper"></span>
    Screen Shot 2013-12-08 at 3.59.56 PM.png