Temporarily ban from a specific forum node

Robf23

Hi,

I wish to ban specific users temporarily from a specific forum node for a specific amount of time. Is there a way to do that or a plugin?

Thanks

Node ban is in the core.

/admin.php?node-permissions/1/

In the top right type a username and click set permissions.

Example:
/admin.php?node-permissions/1/user&user_id=1

Revoke view node & any other options you desire such as post thread, reply, etc & save. Unfortunately there is no time setting.

ah yes, I was hoping that there'd be something like a ban, but just for specific forums. I used to be able to do it in vb by setting up more than one banned user category and the alternative one was node specific.

Ok, I'll just set a reminder for now, thanks

I'm bumping this because I'm facing the same question - is there an easier method to manage forum-specific bans?

Option 1 as @Robf23 points out, is Admin manually adding restrictive node permissions and remembering to undo it at some point.

Option 2 as best we can determine, is creating a usergroup for each forum which is restricted from accessing it, and a warning (so it can manage timing on it's own, and make a permanent mark on the member's profile) for each usergroup so the member can be warned into the appropriate restrictions.

The problem for option #2 which we face on our somewhat large site is we have forum specific mods whom we do not allow to ban people, that's handled by sr. staff only. But XF's warning system does not allow you to restrict whom on staff can access and use warnings. We could have a mod go ahead and inflict a forum ban, even for forums they don't oversee. Yes, it can be reversed, but we're still facing the overhead of roughly 30-40 additional usergroups and warnings just to employ this method. I'd mind this option less if we could restrict which warnings mods can apply.

Any suggestions, a little over a year after Rob asked?

Top Bottom