XF 1.1 Template revert 500 error

zaiger

Hello,

I am trying to revert some templates I had modified to hopefully solve a couple of problems that arose after upgrading, unfortunately some of my templates that have propagated a lot of times, message_user_info for example, are giving me a 500 internal server error when I try to revert them. I noticed a lot that when there are a lot of posts the template recompiling struggles or will time out and not let me save, but I have never had it not let me revert before. Anyone know of a way for me to revert these templates? I am not getting any errors in the server error logs.

I have reverted most of them but there are still a handful that will not revert no matter what I do. 500 error every time. The templates I am having trouble with are:
  1. message_deleted_placeholder - Custom Version: 1.0.4, Master Version: 1.1.0 Alpha
  2. message_user_info - Custom Version: 1.0.4, Master Version: 1.1.0 Beta 4
  3. post - Custom Version: 1.0.4, Master Version: 1.1.0 Beta 4
  4. thread_list_item Custom Version: 1.0.4, Master Version: 1.1.0 Beta 3

A 500 internal server error is very generic. It doesn't indicate the cause. Ideally the server logs will have more information (on the server itself, not in XF).

How many styles do you have on your forum? The template save process can be intensive with too many styles. Try removing any styles you don't use.

I only have 2 installed themes besides the stock one and we use them all :/
I have been having a problem with getting these particular templates to save for a long time. It started off at around 50k posts where I would have to press the save button two or three times to get them to save and eventually it just stopped saving altogether. I don't want to have to delete my themes every time it is time to update just to clear my outdated templates, but that looks like what I am going to have to do.

Top Bottom