Template public: alert profile post insert edited is unknown

trapped_soul

Hi,
Not sure if this is an issue with XF itself or an add-on conflicting.
I'm wondering if it's @Xon C.E as that seems to be where the trace comes from, XF itself or something conflicting? But I know it's causing lock screens for members.
I hope someone can advise on what best to do please?
Code:
ErrorException: Template error: Template public:alert_profile_post_insert_edited is unknown

src/XF/Template/Templater.php:623

7 November 2019 at 22:16

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '.', 623, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(623): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(571): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'alert_profile_p...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1319): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'alert_profile_p...')
#4 src/XF/Alert/AbstractHandler.php(80): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('alert_profile_p...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Entity/UserAlert.php(69): XF\Alert\AbstractHandler->render(Object(XF\Entity\UserAlert))
#6 [internal function]: XF\Entity\UserAlert->render()
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1004): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s26/public/alert_macros.php(18): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\UserAlert), 'render', Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(706): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s26/public/account_alerts_popup.php(18): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('alert_macros', 'row', Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1320): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\ConversationEssentials\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#12 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('account_alerts_...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(84): XF\Template\Template->render()
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Json.php(68): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderHtmlFallback('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:account_...', Array)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json->renderView('XF:Account\\Aler...', 'public:account_...', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Json), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'json')
#19 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#20 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#21 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#22 {main}
Thank you very much in advance.

It seems unlikely to be Conversation Essentials. Do you have an add-on that adds features to profile posts? Essentially, some add-on sent out a type of alert for a profile post that doesn't exist in the core and doesn't have a corresponding template.

It seems unlikely to be Conversation Essentials. Do you have an add-on that adds features to profile posts? Essentially, some add-on sent out a type of alert for a profile post that doesn't exist in the core and doesn't have a corresponding template.
Not that I know of, but I do have an add-on that sends alerts for status updates which may do it?
@truonglv following alerts.

I'll disable it and see what happens. But other than that, I have nothing else.
Thanks for your reply.

It's possible that disabling the offending add-on won't stop the error from occurring, unfortunately. You can stop the error by creating the corresponding alert template alert_profile_post_insert_edited, but that won't help you figure out what's causing it of course.

Add-ons which add new alerts to core content types must set depends_on_addon_id on insertion, or else disabling them will not affect alerts that have already been sent accordingly. Since the template seems to be missing entirely, have you recently uninstalled an add-on related to profile posts? It could be from an add-on that didn't clean up after itself properly on uninstallation.

Last edited:
It's possible that disabling the offending add-on won't stop the error from occurring, unfortunately. You can stop the error by creating the corresponding alert template alert_profile_post_insert_edited, but that won't help you figure out what's causing it of course.

Add-ons which add new alerts to core content types must set depends_on_addon_id on insertion, or else disabling them will not affect them accordingly.
Yes true. Okay thank you and will see what I can do purely through process of elimination and deletions etc.
Many thanks!

I've deleted legacy add-ons and am left with the odd few, none of which are profile post or alert related.
The errors are coming in.
I'd appreciate some help with this if staff can help.
Thanks

Yes. It's mine. But you are running very old version. Double check again from that version I do not have use any templates like that.
Okay thank you. I have uninstalled the old one and reinstalled the latest one.
I am not sure if it's your add-on causing the issue or not, but I have nothing else with alerts for posts.

I've sent you a PM on site anyway but what should we do now, to rule this out?
Thank you for your time.

This happens when upgrading from XF1 => XF2, and the alert's "ownership" column isn't set. Removing the old XF1 stub but installing the XF2 version probably isn't going to trigger any XF1 =>XF2 migration code paths.

Simple solution is to delete those alerts.

This happens when upgrading from XF1 => XF2, and the alert's "ownership" column isn't set. Removing the old XF1 stub but installing the XF2 version probably isn't going to trigger any XF1 =>XF2 migration code paths.

Simple solution is to delete those alerts.
Thank you @Xon I carried out the instructions you sent via PM last night and can confirm this worked.
Appreciate your time.

Top Bottom