1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Template modifications

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Napalm_beach, Sep 26, 2015.

1. Napalm_beach

Napalm_beach Member

I'm sure this has been asked a million times but the only answers I can find are from old versions (<1.3) that don't match current (1.5) controls.

I'm having a devil of time getting template modifications to show up. I suspect I need to rebuild the cache but I don't see a specific rebuild option for that. How do I rebuild the template cache? Thanks!

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are these template modifications your own or part of an add-on?

You shouldn't need to rebuild anything to get template modifications to show.

What do you see in the list with regards to this:
    upload_2015-9-26_18-31-38.png

3. Napalm_beach

Napalm_beach Member

Mods I am making to the template. Right now it says 2/0/0

Edit: check that. I made changes to the member_card in the template list (Flat Awesome template). When I look under template modifications the member_card I see is for XMG.

The ones I see on the modifications list have been made by adds-on, I believe.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  4. Brogan

If it shows as 2/0/0 then it is being applied.

It's not really clear whether you are editing the template directly or creating a template modification.

5. Napalm_beach

Napalm_beach Member

I'm editing the template directly, not creating a template modification.

6. Brogan

It's possible then that any edits you are making are being overridden by the template modifications applied by add-ons.
    You can test that by temporarily disabling them.

7. Napalm_beach

Napalm_beach Member

That makes perfect sense, I'll check it out. Thanks!

8. Napalm_beach

Napalm_beach Member

I am so stumped.

I am making changes to the member_card at {domain}/admin.php?templates/member_card.559/edit&style_id=3

I have made the changes and checked "Prevent template modifications from being automatically applied", then clicked Save all changes.

I can see the changes in View Custom Changes and View History.

I turned off XMG which indicates it has modified the member_card template.

I have clicked into Modified Templates, opened both entries under XMG for member_card and unchecked "Automatically apply template modification", then saved. Both entries are lined out on the list.

When I go back and look at Template Modifications for member_card, the Template Contents do not contain the changes I made manually to the templates.

The changes do appear in the table xf_template -> template. They also appear to be in xf_template -> template_parsed

Anywhere else I should check?

9. Brogan

They won't if you are manually editing the template.