1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Template modifications in two different places?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by tommydamic68, Feb 6, 2016.

1. tommydamic68

tommydamic68 Well-Known Member

So the issue I'm having is strange, perhaps someone can help me out. I changed the icon for alerts in what I thought was the navigation_visitor_tab template, however what the icon link says in this template is:
    Code:
    <li><a href="{xen:link account/alert-preferences}"><i class="fa fa-bell-o fa-lg fa-fw" style="padding-right:7px;"></i>{xen:phrase alert_preferences}</a></li>
    but shows this:
    Code:
    <a href="{xen:link account/alerts}" rel="Menu" class="navLink NoPopupGadget"><xen:if is="@alertReplacement"><i class="fa fa-flag fa-lg fa-fw"></i> <xen:else />{xen:phrase alerts}  </xen:if>
    So basically if I go to templates its different them when I go to template modifications, thats why it won't let me change it in the "navigation_visitor_tab template" template . So if I try to change the icon in the "navigation_visitor_tab template" it doesn't change. How can I change it in the modifications template? it won't let me edit it.

2. katsulynx

katsulynx Well-Known Member

Which Add-On or Style are you using that brings up the icons you want to change in the first place?

3. tommydamic68

Thats the thing, I only remember it being template edits, not an add on. I can't find anything in my add on list either, here is the template mod I did https://xenforo.com/community/threads/user-inbox-alert-icon-replacement.61444/ so now I want to change the icon, it won't let me in the navigation_visitor_tab template.

4. tommydamic68

I was able to change it in debug mode - thanks.

5. tommydamic68

Even more strange, the template I changed has reverted back.