• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Template Modification Request

Would be grateful if someone could help me with the following.

I would like to split my members online box into the following

Staff (as normal)

Members Online (in usergroups X,Y,Z)

Users Online (all other people online not in usergroup X,Y,Z)

Count : as normal (i.e. members / guests)

So basically add in a user group (primary) category check to split the members into two sections. I think this could be useful for people who want a "Supporters Online" section as well.

Very poor mockup attached ;)

mockup.webp

Moved this to add-on requests, as what you are asking is going to take an add-on to accomplish due to secondary user groups.

I have created an add-on that shows selected usergroups in the forumlist sidebar, but shows them even if they are off line. You can set the main heading for what ever you want, and each group name you select (primary or secondary, doesn't matter) will show as the sub-heading. No template edits required (you have a choice between above forum stats or below). As it doesn't show if they are online or not, I'm not sure you could use it, but if so I'll upload it. I wrote it specifically for my wife's site.

Thanks but its to amend the current online status thing that i'm interested in, i'm not actually interested in secondary groups hence why i assumed it could be done as a template mod.

Then I don't get it.
His mod shows how to display online users from another usergroup, besides just staff & members ..

Thanks but its to amend the current online status thing that i'm interested in, i'm not actually interested in secondary groups hence why i assumed it could be done as a template mod.

As you are just looking for primary user groups then you can do that with template edits. The problem is, you won't know if any of the members of those user groups are online as it loops through the online user list looking for them. If there is no one online from those user groups then you will have a Members Online Block displayed that is empty. If it is done through an add-on you can do a content check. If no one is online from those groups, then the block will never be shown.

Top Bottom