XF 1.5 Template Editing Question

[xFv]

Hello!
I was wondering what exactly the "Execution Order" in template modifations is and what it does exactly?

As it says, it's the order in which template modifications are applied to a template. If two modifications are searching for the exact same thing to change it, the one with the lower execution number comes first, changes it and the second one will probably no longer be able to find it and therefor don't execute at all.

wow! I thought it had something to do with that! That is why my latest addon I am making seems to jumble up!
Now I recently switched half the numbers making sure none of them have the same, Hopefully it won't mess it all up worse :(

Doesn't matter if they have the same number, they'll still be executed one after another, then by alphabet I'd asume. It shouldn't happen that you change something that has already been changed within your own addon. In that case you might want to bring them into a better order, merge them together into one edit or work with regex to make sure it always hits the right spot.

Doesn't matter if they have the same number, they'll still be executed one after another, then by alphabet I'd asume. It shouldn't happen that you change something that has already been changed within your own addon. In that case you might want to bring them into a better order, merge them together into one edit or work with regex to make sure it always hits the right spot.

Thanx for the advice. Do you happen to know where a good regex tutorial might be? I really know nothing about it.

Just a couple of quick questions:

What is regex and what is it exactly used for?
Is regex the better route to go for template editing?
If so would it be wise to change all my template edits to regex?

Top Bottom