RM 1.2 Template Edit to Remove Dates?

Acutally, that made it a little more confusing :eek: It's not that easy...

Anyway, I just went by that other referenced topic and searched for .resourceListItem .main .version

That led me to resource_list.css

Find
.resourceListItem .main .version
{
color: @mutedTextColor;
font-weight: normal;
}

Replace
.resourceListItem .main .version
{
display:none;
}

I meant to post this a long, long, long time ago, but add these 3 lines below to your EXTRA.css template file.

Code:
.resourceListItem .main .version {display: none;}

.resourceInfo .muted {display: none;}

.resourceInfo .tagLine {display: inline;}

That will completely remove the muted (grey color) version dates, etc. from displaying when viewing the Resource Manager pages.

Note: The lines must also be in that order, mainly the 2nd and 3rd lines. The reason is the second line will also stop the tag line from appearing and the 3rd line will bring it back so it must happen after stopping both of them first.

There is no other way to do it without modifying code in the other templates.

There most certainly are other ways.

Code:
.resourceList .resourceDetails, .resourceList .version {
    display: none;
}

I would give you the exact template edits (because that is the proper way to remove info you will never be displaying there) but I don't have access to the current version of the RM so the above would be what I offer you as an alternative.

Of course it works (the correct way of telling someone offering you help would have been"that doesn't work for me because I would also like to remove the info from resource description pages as well as the list"), you however did not say you wanted to remove all of that information on all instances on all pages, you in fact show css that references .resourceListItem and since you originally asked specifically about "the dates beside the resource title" you had to be specifically talking about the resource list rather than a resource description since the dates are not displayed next to the resource title there and the other pages come as an after thought which you didn't specify in your original post.

Hi,

I did find the topic below, but what is the actual template to edit and what to remove and/or edit to remove the dates that get created beside the resource titles?

At any rate it does work as it was intended to and it is preference as to how you make your own edits. As you seem confident enough I will refrain from trying to offer you help anymore since you appear to be self sufficient.

Of course it works (the correct way of telling someone offering you help would have been"that doesn't work for me because I would also like to remove the info from resource description pages as well as the list"), you however did not say you wanted to remove all of that information on all instances on all pages, you in fact show css that references .resourceListItem and since you originally asked specifically about "the dates beside the resource title" you had to be specifically talking about the resource list rather than a resource description since the dates are not displayed next to the resource title there and the other pages come as an after thought which you didn't specify in your original post.

At any rate it does work as it was intended to and it is preference as to how you make your own edits. As you seem confident enough I will refrain from trying to offer you help anymore since you appear to be self sufficient.

I scrolled down, read your code and saw your remark about where it was having effect and also having seen you say there is no other way to do it, I again responded to the actually query in your first post which is directly talking about the forum list assuming you were still having a problem.

You also didn't say you solved your problem....

I meant to post this a long, long, long time ago, but add these 3 lines below to your EXTRA.css template file.

...you could have easily been saying that you wanted someone to try this code and see that it is also removing the info from the resource description page which you didn't want and since you never pointed out that you actually wanted to remove it from all pages and since your OP specifies the resource list that is the premise I operated under.

Again....moving on here

Top Bottom